Week Before MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afarooq2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was just looking for some advice... My MCAT is next Thursday (July 2nd), about 5-6 days away. This is my 2nd attempt, and I'm going for around a 33 on it. What do you suggest I do this last week? I definitely feel better this time around. Last time I took AAMC 3-9 and averaged about a 30, here are my scores this time (just posted this in the 7/2/09 thread)

Kaplan 7: 30 (11/7/12, got a reallly bad headache during verbal)
Goldstandard 1: 26 (really messed up test/scoring)
Kaplan 8: 38
Kaplan 9: 36
AAMC 7: 36

In between practice test days, I've been taking the equivalent of full length tests by taking old AAMC's I've already taken or using EK Verbal everyday with Kaplan science passages. The thing is, I already have taken the AAMC's (except 10), so for AAMC 3-7 I've been taking them section by section and timing everyday (that's why I don't have full numbers unless I added). Would my AAMC scores be inflated? I don't really remember anything from when I took them last time, I got like a 30 on AAMC 7 last time, and the highest Kaplan I got last time was a 31... I plan on taking AAMC 8, 9 and 10 before the exam, but I'm worried I may start seeing inflated scores...

I was just wondering what I should do to keep it up and hit around a 33, and if its possible? I know my scores are high but I also know Kaplan is infalted and my retake may be inflated so I'm pretty worried.

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't hurt to go back and review a little material if you'lve totally exhausted your practice test supply. Take a couple days off but do some reading. I know the normal advice is, "if you don't know it at this point, you won't know it" but IMHO there's always more info you can cram in there....

I also recommend against doing nothing the day before. People love this for some reason. Your mind is used to work now and it's good to keep doing what you've been doing. Obviously, don't over-do it.

By the way, it looks like you've been doing very well. The Kaplan tests totally destroyed me and I scored in the high 30's

It doesn't hurt to go back and review a little material if you'lve totally exhausted your practice test supply. Take a couple days off but do some reading. I know the normal advice is, "if you don't know it at this point, you won't know it" but IMHO there's always more info you can cram in there....

I also recommend against doing nothing the day before. People love this for some reason. Your mind is used to work now and it's good to keep doing what you've been doing. Obviously, don't over-do it.

By the way, it looks like you've been doing very well. The Kaplan tests totally destroyed me and I scored in the high 30's

Truly, the dumbest advice ever

I agree with you, there's always more info you can cram in there

I started studying 12 days before the test

So that last week was pivotal

Keep studying

Day before---rest alot---go see a funny movie, eat a good dinner, get to bed early---

remember, you are not getting executed the next day...it's just one test....