Week before Step 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedSoxSuck

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Step 3 day 1: Saturday, August 20th and day 2: Monday, august 22th..

Any suggestion regarding how to spend this week?

Currently, i am trying to go through MTB HY videos (medquest ones) + biostats + UW marked questions along with UW flashcards that i created. Also, trying to focus on weak topics based on NBME.

Have already done UW CCS about 2-3 times.

Any suggestions? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Step 3 day 1: Saturday, August 20th and day 2: Monday, august 22th..

Any suggestion regarding how to spend this week?

Currently, i am trying to go through MTB HY videos (medquest ones) + biostats + UW marked questions along with UW flashcards that i created. Also, trying to focus on weak topics based on NBME.

Have already done UW CCS about 2-3 times.

Any suggestions? Thank you

Depends on your learning style but 1 week before exam the most improtant thing is constantly redoing UWORLD questions and practice NBMEs.
-the goal is that you can read fast and build up stamina
-for me 1 week out I didn't really learn anything new perse mostly consolidating information and practicing questions/stamnia
-you will hate yourself after day #1
-day #2 feel better and hate yourself less

-biostats is highest yield portion of the test - only so many biostats questions from uworld step 1,2,3 + biostats review +/- any other qbanks questions
-biostats is about 10-15% of day #1

-also for step 3 CCS you have to do the other cases (not the software cases) software cases too easy and management less complicated then real deal. I highly recommend crush step 3 CCS - quick and dirty but bare bones but you can fill in the blanks.

Last edited:
Depends on your learning style but 1 week before exam the most improtant thing is constantly redoing UWORLD questions and practice NBMEs.
-for me 1 week out I didn't really learn anything new perse mostly consolidating information and practicing questions/stamnia

-biostats is highest yield portion of the test - only so many biostats questions from uworld step 1,2,3 + biostats review +/- any other qbanks questions

-also for step 3 CCS you have to do the other cases (not the software cases) software cases too easy and management less complicated then real deal. I highly recommend crush step 3 CCS - quick and dirty but bare bones but you can fill in the blanks.
Hey,

Thank you.

I have already done NBME 4 and UWSA (about 8 weeks ago).

Uworld:

First pass then incorrect questions followed by resetting the question bank.
Second pass then incorrect questions followed by 700 marked questions. While reviewing 700 marked questions, i ended up marking about 300. Then did those 300 and marked about 125 out of those 300. So these 125 questions are on topics that i struggle with or have gotten incorrect over and over (i.e ACS, EKG associated questions like WPW, prolong QT crap, thyroid crap, cholecystitis, DKA/HHS stepwise management, SAH vs traumatic LP, confusing PNA and bronchitis, autoimmune hemolysis, electrolytes etc) or just have good explanation. Made about 700 flashcards as my Uword notes and been reviewing those.

Spent entire day yesterday and today watching MTB medquest step 3 HY videos as a review/consolidating information especially if i havent seen it. and starting tomorrow afternoon gonna get back to Uworld, biostats and CCS.

Clinical Mastery series:

During step 2 prep, i did all the CMS series (form 1 and 2). Was thinking about doing form 3 and 4 for all the subjects + those free questions by NBME. Not sure if i should do CMS? Or perhaps re do UWSA (scored 204).

Thanks

Last edited:

Any other recommendation for Biostats? Step 1 uw biostats and uw biostat course is almost identical.

How should i use crush ccs?

Members don't see this ad :)