Week Trip Right Before MCAT

Started by altitude
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

altitude

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would it be a bad idea to go on a week trip (during which I'd be able to study 3-4 hours/day and do maybe 1-2 AAMC FLs) that ends two days before my MCAT? Would this get me out of the MCAT groove or could it actually be beneficial?

Should I do the better FLs (e.g. AAMC 10 and 11) before the trip (when I could do the whole exam in 5 hours straight) and save AAMC 3 and 4 for the trip (during which I'd have to take half the FL at one time and the other half at a later time)- or is it always better that AAMCs 10 and 11 are the last ones you take before your MCAT?
 
it's 100% your call.

I know that roughly a week before mine I wanted to try and relax and get into "game mode" before my actual exam. If you think that a trip might relax you a little bit, I say go for it, since nerves are definitely an enemy during your MCAT. Also if you will still have the time to study and take FL I would definitely do so...at that point you shouldn't have any more content review to do and it should just be practice.

Take 10/11 the week of your trip and review very carefully the answers since this tests are extremely valuable for practice.