Weekly Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Achdus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,I apologize if this posted elsewhere. But what's the avg weekly schedule like podiatry school? Are the classes 9-5 or can they go much later? Are there classes on Friday evenings and Saturdays? What about Sundays?
I applied to NYCPM, Barry, Temple, Scholl's
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

First year at DMU here.

Unless the day has a lab, it generally goes from 8am-12pm, give or take an hour. Wednesdays are a short day, most often from 10am-12pm.

Labs for anatomy were 3 hours long, my lab section was once a week from 1-4.
This semester it's physical diagnosis labs, 2 hours each, once a week.

Every exam except I think 2 have been at 8am, those two were at 10am.

Nothing Saturday, ever. Nothing Sunday, ever. Except studying, every weekend.

At this point I've realized that you didn't mention applying to DMU, so I don't know how helpful this will be, or how university specific you were looking for. Either way, I doubt the other schools will have much more than this, so you can probably consider it a safe mean.

I appreciate the response. If anyone has input for those specific schools I would appreciate it. But like you said, Bob, all the schools are probably similar. Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

1st year student at NYCPM here.

Our schedule changes daily, but in general it's like this:

1st semester: Class is mostly from 9-4 with a 1 hour lunch break. Every hour we get a 10 minute break as well. Histology lab is 2 hours and it takes place once per week. On those days we end at 4 or 6pm, depending on the lab group.

2nd semester: The daily schedule varies a lot more. We start at 9am most days, but half the time we end at 1pm and the other half we end at 4. On days with anatomy lab (4 hours, once per week) you end at 6pm. Physiology lab is approximately every other week, and it's for 2 hours.

For both semesters, exams are almost always at 9am, although every once in a while it's at 8am. The exception to this are lab practicals (anatomy and histology) which occur in the afternoon.

Nothing on Saturdays and Sundays except for open cadaver lab (optional) and on the very rare occasion, an exam review (also optional).

Let me know if you have any more specific questions about NYCPM!

TUSPM schedule:

1st year: Mainly class from 10-12 and then 1-3, 5 days a week. Once in a while, you'll be in lab until 4. Sometimes class starts at 9.

2nd year: All over the place...definitely not as consistent as 1st year. Once in a while you'll have an 8 am class, but it's usually at 9. More often than 1st year, you'll have class until 5, but you mainly end at 3.

I'm telling you about 2nd year as well because when people apply to school, they usually only ask about the 1st year. But you're stuck at the school for 3 more years!

if anyone is attending other schools, please reply!! CSPM, Barry??

im a first year at Scholl....
for us its mainly 8am-noon is lectures and if you have a lab or other small group meetings it will be at 1. latest i have had a class so far is labs which is from 1-4. clinical anatomy labs are usually once a week but sometimes it skips weeks. towards the end of the year (like right now) we have lower extrem. anat. labs as well so you could find yourself in lab 3 days/week. most of our exams are at 8am with some starting at 9am. lemme know if you have any other questions...

I don't know of our 1st year schedule changed or not, but when I was there, we had classes from 8-12ish. Lab were in the afternoon from 1-3 or 1-4. Sounds similar to everyone else's schedule.