Weill Cornell Class of 2013!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am now adding this thread to my account folder! Must be updated on what my potential future classmates have to say right?! Cornell definitely tricked us with all of that March decisions talk and then telling us in February! But I don't think any of us are complaining right??

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering about that too. Can we change our minds? I'm so excited to meet everybody!

I just filled out the welcome week form today. I selected the broadway show because I've never seen one before. (I still haven't tried a canoli either, DrLys... Shame on me. lol!) Can't wait to see you all! I miss NYC already!

I'm leaning toward this school more and more...

...and I dislike the Need Access application with a passion!

I just filled out the welcome week form today. I selected the broadway show because I've never seen one before. (I still haven't tried a canoli either, DrLys... Shame on me. lol!) Can't wait to see you all! I miss NYC already!

I'm leaning toward this school more and more...

...and I dislike the Need Access application with a passion!
<~~~~~~~ ExCiTeD! Anybody else?

I also selected broadway show. I've seen a few but I figured this is what most of the people would pick... and everyone would be too shy to pick a club haha. We'll save that for orientation.

Wolverine I will bring you a cannoli when I come to Second Look! I promise (it will make up for my absence during your last visit).

What's to lean towards. I'll be there what more do you need! lolol :lol: Seriously tho i guarantee fun times

And I haven't filled out Need Access yet but I heard it's a b*tch

Members don't see this ad :)
and everyone would be too shy to pick a club haha. We'll save that for orientation.

Wait, really?! I am so excited for the club! I am planning on having fun over 2nd Look! :cool:

Wait, really?! I am so excited for the club! I am planning on having fun over 2nd Look! :cool:
well we can do both! I'm always down. The shows are at 8... the club closes at 5am :D

<~~~~~~~ ExCiTeD! Anybody else?

I also selected broadway show. I've seen a few but I figured this is what most of the people would pick... and everyone would be too shy to pick a club haha. We'll save that for orientation.

Wolverine I will bring you a cannoli when I come to Second Look! I promise (it will make up for my absence during your last visit).

What's to lean towards. I'll be there what more do you need! lolol :lol: Seriously tho i guarantee fun times

And I haven't filled out Need Access yet but I heard it's a b*tch

oooh! Cannoli-noli-noli!

and DrLys is all I need in a med school! Decision made.

...and clubs close at 5am over there? :wow::bow: That makes my decision easier. Here, they all close at 2am. That's the midwest for you.

well we can do both! I'm always down. The shows are at 8... the club closes at 5am :D

LOL! Yeah I picked the club too, but broadway show sounds so nice. I'm down for doing both too ;)

oooh! Cannoli-noli-noli!

...and clubs close at 5am over there? :wow::bow: That makes my decision easier. Here, they all close at 2am. That's the midwest for you.

LMAO! They close at 3am here in Tampa...lame.

oooh! Cannoli-noli-noli!

:laugh: You guys are hilarious! And insane... It looks like we have a good bunch accepted at Cornell!

LMAO! They close at 3am here in Tampa...lame.
They closed at 2am in Boston (laaaame). In NY most close at 5am... some NeVeR close mwahaha how ominous.

If you want to do both the club and the show you might want to change it to the Broadway show so they can get you a ticket!

just filled my form out! i signed up for the health disparities talk AND the night club (not the jazz club) for friday night. i figure they won't overlap. anybody else doing the same?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok so here was my thinking process for the activities thing: Do I really wanna do Central Park activities which may consist of hard core flag football, leaving me scraped and bruised like a little weak girl? Do I really wanna embarrass myself and get hit in the head with a baseball or softball, leaving me knocked out and unconscious for the rest of the night while everyone goes clubbing later? I think not.

Haha!

Pitt :D I know you are waiting on Columbia, right?

HAHA! That's hilarious! I have my Case second look on that same weekend! I think I'm gonna stay in NYC, though. I love my NYC.

1. bruises are sexy right now. This is exactly what people wanna see up in the club :D

2. None of the other activities really interested me. i was tempted to put LGBT mixer but then everyone would wonder why this straight girl is drinking their punch hehe. Maybe go to the non-trad shin dig but then the interesting people will shun me because I am a young'n... so central park it is! hehe (I can't remember the other ones)

Fo sho...well maybe we'll all end up bonding and doing everything together, lol (sounded kinda corny, forgive me). Yay for Class of 2013!! :p

Hey guys I'm trying to book my flight to and from NYC for the Welcome Weekend and I'm trying to figure out what time to depart on Sunday...what time are you guys planning on leaving?

1. bruises are sexy right now. This is exactly what people wanna see up in the club :D

2. None of the other activities really interested me. i was tempted to put LGBT mixer but then everyone would wonder why this straight girl is drinking their punch hehe. Maybe go to the non-trad shin dig but then the interesting people will shun me because I am a young'n... so central park it is! hehe (I can't remember the other ones)

Hey! I'd love to see you at the LGBT mixer. I signed up for that one. Though, I have a feeling I'd be the only one there. :rolleyes:

Hey guys I'm trying to book my flight to and from NYC for the Welcome Weekend and I'm trying to figure out what time to depart on Sunday...what time are you guys planning on leaving?

Probably mid to late afternoon. I'm still waiting to see if my friend can make it with me.

Did you know you can invite a family member/partner/friend to come with you to some of the events? I think it's awesome for those who may have partners who are considering moving to NYC with them.

Hi everyone,
joining the thread and looking forward to meeting everyone in April! I can't decide between the LGBT mixer and Central Park games in the afternoon but like most of the rest of you, I'm up for a long night with Broadway followed by the clubs! Whatever we end up doing, we'll make it a good time!

Hi everyone,
joining the thread and looking forward to meeting everyone in April! I can't decide between the LGBT mixer and Central Park games in the afternoon but like most of the rest of you, I'm up for a long night with Broadway followed by the clubs! Whatever we end up doing, we'll make it a good time!

Yay! I totally agree, it's gonna be amazing. I'm very interested to see how everyone is going to initially act when we all get together. I know everyone is gonna think "Hmmm I wonder who I've been talking to on SDN all this time?" LOL!

And talk about feeling like a totally IDIOT...for awhile I had no idea what LGBT stood for until yesterday! I agree with you DrLyss, I would def sign up but peeps would be wondering why ms. straight chick is hangin with the LGBT crowd...it's because I love my gay men! haha :) :D

haha I can't help it. I love gay men too. They never love me back tho :(

hahaa. Well, I was waitlisted at Weill, but if I get off the list and end up there, I'll promise to love you back?

Crossing my fingers for May...I'd go to Weill in a second. I loved the place when I was there.

Is there anyone who was accepted but hasn't received a snail mail acceptance packet yet?

Is there anyone who was accepted but hasn't received a snail mail acceptance packet yet?

I received an acceptance letter and a form to fill out requiring me to accept or decline their offer. But that was really about it. What does the 'packet' supposed to consist of?

I received an acceptance letter and a form to fill out requiring me to accept or decline their offer. But that was really about it. What does the 'packet' supposed to consist of?
I received a single letter as well. I don't know if there really is a packet. I just want to make sure I'm doing the financial aid properly and the website says that accepted students will receive that information in the mail. But all I remember getting from them was a letter and an acceptance offer confirmation form.

If no one has gotten anything though, then I won't worry about it. I just want my packages so I can start making decisions! :idea:

I was accepted back in December. Can't wait to meet you all in April. The day after my birthday!

I was accepted back in December. Can't wait to meet you all in April. The day after my birthday!

HOLLA! We'll have to celebrate at the club! haha!

:luck: HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY MY FELLOW "CORNELLIANS" lol :luck:

Hi all,
So I’ve been ignoring this since I was accepted, but I think it’s time to run it across the 2013 crowd.
Loved the facilities, PBL, my two interviewers… on and on. But I only met two current students plus I didn’t feel like I meshed well with the other candidates interviewing that day. How were the students you met and how were the other candidates (I know everyone who interviewed won’t be getting in and I’m hoping I was just with a so-so crowd)?

I don’t mind nerdy (I am : ) ). I’m just not a fan of arrogance—I know my own worth and don’t see much sense in constantly comparing resumes.

Looking forward to meeting all of you; I think we’ll have a wonderful time!

I got to meet a lot of Cornell students on my day & they all seemed really chill (free food will do that to people :D). I was very lucky to interview on a day where most of the other interviewees were very nice & cool, but I have heard from friends that some of their fellow applicants were less than stellar on their interview day. It's luck of the draw if you get to interview with a good bunch. There were definitely some uptight people on my interview day but I can't help but laugh and crack jokes so I think it helped loosen some people up.

I can't speak for everyone else but I think I'm a fairly normal person, definitely far from arrogant. I really want to get a feel for the other accepted students on revisit weekend and make sure they are not stuck up snobs... because that would suck ;)

side note: i feel like a huge loser because I post in this thread so much. I need a life :D

No way, if you're a loser then so am I. This is one of my sites I check daily (along with facebook and myspace, haha!).

As far as the thread question regarding fellow Cornell classmates, I also can't speak for everyone else when I say that I'm a pretty down-to-earth person. However, it's so important to keep in mind that the arrogant people you were interviewing with were probably putting on a huge front. In other words, they're covering up their insecurities by rambling on about their many accomplishments, trying to make themselves look great. I disregarded people like that in the interviews because that wasn't my main focus.

People just need to chill out. We got into Cornell! Anyone who still wants to brag and throw their arrogance around during Welcome Weekend needs to take a couple of jager bomb shots, holla! :laugh:

Does anyone know when they'll be posting the reimbursement forms for welcome weekend?

HOLLA! We'll have to celebrate at the club! haha!

:luck: HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY MY FELLOW "CORNELLIANS" lol :luck:

I really can't wait to celebrate in NYC!!! yikes im turning 23 i feel old. SO I signed up for jazz club and comedy club (cuz ive never done either) but from the looks of things I can totally hit up the club afterwards...party until 5 in the morning!

Can't wait for my bolt bus ride from Boston to NYC to check this place out.

So im still deciding and going to a couple of 2nd looks but I gotta say Cornell IS AMAZING. I remember having a great time there with the interviewers and other students I met. They do really seem down to earth and chill. The hospital at cornell is also incredible. I have a couple of friends that go there and they love it!

glad to know some of you had better interview experiences! see everyone in a few days : )

yeaaaaaaa! :banana: Did anyone get information about housing for revisit weekend?

I talked to Liliana Montano at admissions and she said we would be receiving a schedule by today telling us about housing also.

I talked to Liliana Montano at admissions and she said we would be receiving a schedule by today telling us about housing also.

just received an email from cornell admissions with my agenda for 2nd look (JAZZ CLUB AND COMEDY CLUB!) but no housing info...looks like we'll be getting that when we get there perhaps...

Well my student host called me yesterday so I'll be staying with her and her husband. Luckily though, it's me and another future 'Cornellian' staying with them (not me by myself) so that's cool.

I got my agenda today too...On Friday I have PBL, Tour, Disussion / Night Club/Movie and Saturday I have SEOM Mixer, Club/Lounge. No broadway show but oh well :( I'll have two days of clubbing, wow. LOL!

My flight leaves on 7pm on Sunday...what are everyone's plans on Sunday? I don't wanna be alone :(

...but i'm still EXCITED! :hardy:

Wow, well I think I just found my new gay clubbing buddy! Haha! :p

HEY! Count me in! I actually know a few good places in Chelsea...

I need to check this thread more. I haven't visited in awhile! but I'm so excited!!!

DRLyss said:
haha I can't help it. I love gay men too. They never love me back tho :(

UM... I, like, so love you back! (he said with a lisp. and a snap.)

Oh I did get a call for a host! I didn't even realize what she was referring to in her voice mail (my bad). YaY I have a place to sleep! Here's my schedule:
Friday: tour, PBL, discussion, night club
Sat: SEOM mixer & broadway

I can't wait to meet everyone!

Yay! I'm on broadway, too!

Firday -- tour, PBL, discussion, night club
Saturday -- LGBT mixer, broadway

Anyone else going to the LGBT mixer?

Hi all,
So I’ve been ignoring this since I was accepted, but I think it’s time to run it across the 2013 crowd.
Loved the facilities, PBL, my two interviewers… on and on. But I only met two current students plus I didn’t feel like I meshed well with the other candidates interviewing that day. How were the students you met and how were the other candidates (I know everyone who interviewed won’t be getting in and I’m hoping I was just with a so-so crowd)?

I don’t mind nerdy (I am : ) ). I’m just not a fan of arrogance—I know my own worth and don’t see much sense in constantly comparing resumes.

Looking forward to meeting all of you; I think we’ll have a wonderful time!

I'm sorry! This is my third post in a row (such a loser am I!), but boy do I know how you feel, uscdd! One factor I used in choosing med schools is the arrogance factor. I had the fortune of meeting great collegues during my interview (including DRLys :) and hearing from one of the tour guides that there isn't much competition or arrogance among the student body. They tend to be more chill. I noticed that with some of the students I met as well. I guess well see how that holds up this weekend, I guess.

Also, did you hear that Cornell has one of the highest percentages of underrepresented minorities? about 20%? holla!

HEY! Count me in! I actually know a few good places in Chelsea...

I need to check this thread more. I haven't visited in awhile! but I'm so excited!!!

UM... I, like, so love you back! (he said with a lisp. and a snap.)

AHH! I'm even more excited!! :) You seem so FIERCE! I like! :laugh:

oh and I'm one of three students being hosted... and Sunday I'll probably be leaving around 4 or 5. I don't live too far so I have some wiggle room.

That's great cuz I'll prob leave for the airport around 5.

Well my student host called me yesterday so I'll be staying with her and her husband. Luckily though, it's me and another future 'Cornellian' staying with them (not me by myself) so that's cool.

I got my agenda today too...On Friday I have PBL, Tour, Disussion / Night Club/Movie and Saturday I have SEOM Mixer, Club/Lounge. No broadway show but oh well :( I'll have two days of clubbing, wow. LOL!

My flight leaves on 7pm on Sunday...what are everyone's plans on Sunday? I don't wanna be alone :(

...but i'm still EXCITED! :hardy:

i'm almost kinda scared of two nights of clubbing... omg i hardly ever go out anymore..

edit: yah i don't know what to bring!! and i need to pack it up tonight... it says casual, so JEANS?? PLEASE? i don't know...

what kind of clothes is everybody wearing?

I dunno...I'm thinkin bout looking around the mall today. I guess casual yet classy? This is gonna be a tough one cuz I'm living in 80 degree weather right now in tampa so I have to def keep the NYC weather in mind while shopping lol.

what do you wear to a jazz club?

what do you wear to a jazz club?

A jazzy outfit of course! lol...i dunno, I guess wear something that says "I'm totally eclectic and into the jazz scene" which probably would consist of an all black pant suit, a black beret, and sunglasses (at night). Then you snap ur fingers instead of applauding. lol :laugh: I kid, I kid.