Weird glitches at CVS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ldiot

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice readyfill getting stuck in QE somehow and then dropping 5 pages into QT 2 hour before closing?

And how come at least 10 times per day some patient asks for a refill and the script on file is inactivated? Does RXConnect combine scripts now or something?

And what's up with the new pick up bull****. Every patient has to answer 20 questions and sign 4 times

And CVS needs to realize that the average customer has the intelligence level of a rock. Stop sending them refill reminder calls/texts. Every ****ing one of them thinks "oh CVS called, something must be ready" and shows up to the pharmacy. And surprise, I now have more waiters. Every 30 minutes this happens all day long. And if they don't do that, they just call us instead of listening to the message

Can we stop spamming everyone with bull**** and just sell them the ****ing script? I have to click through 8 ****ing screens just to fill something.

And why do some scripts at production still say "dispense with medication guide" after you scan your credentials? Nobody actually reads this **** and it's just another screen to click through

We need RxConnect LITE
Stop making new features and new hoops to jump through and slim down the system
CVS is really working against itself

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Who cares? At least there are bonuses and raises to be had.

CVS has a very sophisticated system, which is constantly being improved. If I wanted to make my own system, it would take 6 programmers at the same time and they would have to be very knowledgeable. It probably wouldn't be nearly as good as CVS. Damn, your patients show up with a call and you have that much waiters because of that? ... those are the type of customers I want!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Enough people paying with cash & taking painstakingly long to count out said cash...(><)

CVS IT department equates the need for more button mashing to looking more productive/busy...I seriously put in the feedback sections that the obsession with button mashing needs to stop (it's not a safety measure...it's alert fatigue)

Anyone notice readyfill getting stuck in QE somehow and then dropping 5 pages into QT 2 hour before closing?

And how come at least 10 times per day some patient asks for a refill and the script on file is inactivated? Does RXConnect combine scripts now or something?

And what's up with the new pick up bull****. Every patient has to answer 20 questions and sign 4 times

And CVS needs to realize that the average customer has the intelligence level of a rock. Stop sending them refill reminder calls/texts. Every ****ing one of them thinks "oh CVS called, something must be ready" and shows up to the pharmacy. And surprise, I now have more waiters. Every 30 minutes this happens all day long. And if they don't do that, they just call us instead of listening to the message

Can we stop spamming everyone with bull**** and just sell them the ****ing script? I have to click through 8 ****ing screens just to fill something.

And why do some scripts at production still say "dispense with medication guide" after you scan your credentials? Nobody actually reads this **** and it's just another screen to click through

We need RxConnect LITE
Stop making new features and new hoops to jump through and slim down the system
CVS is really working against itself

I almost wonder if they (CVS Corporate) intentionally make it more difficult/time consuming to reduce the number of prescriptions that get filled/picked-up.

Think about it this way-

Caremark is one of the top 3 PBMS (next to United Healthcare and Express Scripts). Every script filled/billed to a Caremark plan essentially reduces their profitability (unless they make up for it increasing health premiums the following year). And since a large number of Caremark plans can only get their prescriptions filled at a CVS it keeps people from going to another pharmacy.

From the CVS (pharmacy) business standpoint- fewer prescriptions filled means fewer paid out bonuses which over 7000+ stores is a huge way for them to cut costs/expenses.

Last edited:
I almost wonder if they (CVS Corporate) intentionally make it more difficult/time consuming to reduce the number of prescriptions that get filled/picked-up.

Think about it this way-

Caremark is one of the top 3 PBMS (next to United Healthcare and Express Scripts). Every script filled/billed to a Caremark plan essentially reduces their profitability (unless they make up for it increasing health premiums the following year). And since a large number of Caremark plans can only get their prescriptions filled at a CVS it keeps people from going to another pharmacy.

From the CVS (pharmacy) business standpoint- fewer prescriptions filled means fewer paid out bonuses which over 7000+ stores is a huge way for them to cut costs/expenses.

IMG_3052.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Perhaps you should make an action plan on how you will reduce script count and increase profitability?

Although the computer system does make more sense if the goal is to make it harder to fill prescriptions. In that case the IT dept. is killing it!

Reactions: 2 users
Perhaps you should make an action plan on how you will reduce script count and increase profitability?

Simple- get those 30 day prescriptions switched to 90-day supply prescriptions and work more efficiently with less (or virtually no) tech hours...

Simple- get those 30 day prescriptions switched to 90-day supply prescriptions and work more efficiently with less (or virtually no) tech hours...

I doubt that will decrease script count enough. Maybe make the phone harder to answer by moving all of them to the back of the pharmacy? Make the register even harder to operate? Throw nails out on the drive thru lane in between cars?

Reactions: 4 users
24 hour store, been getting a bunch of transfers now post midnight with readyfills...default times in the 4am range, some Rx automatically come through several MONTHS past ready (orange, "red") when promised time...good old CVS IT dept. Additionally been getting some 11:59s due the next day though (ex) 11:59pm 12/6/18 vs. 11:59 12/5/18).

LMFAO some of these transfers being Narcotics not filled yet...WTF? Automatic delete (not compatible with CVS software, also stated in most recent DEA/Control training)

CVS has the worst IT department in the United States.

That said, RxConnect is significantly more stable than it was a year ago. It used to delay readyfills every weekend. And then they came out with the report that had all of the next days' readyfills on it. So at least they acknowledge that their system is crap and put out workarounds for the poor saps that have to use it (us).

Last edited:

That said, RxConnect is significantly more stable than it was a year ago. It used to delay readyfills every weekend. And then they came out with the report that had all of the next days' readyfills on it. So at least they acknowledge that their system is crap and put out workarounds for the poor saps that have to use it (us).

Do you think it’s the IT department or CVS leadership not wanting to spend any significant money on improving infrastructure and whatever money they do invest is prioritized to new “transformational” projects vs core stabilizing and minor enhancements? From what I pick up from many organizations is that someone is providing direction to the IT department and they do what is asked of them with the resources they have...

Now if they have no resources your statement about being the worst could still be true but I wouldn’t fault the IT team for that.

I doubt that will decrease script count enough. Maybe make the phone harder to answer by moving all of them to the back of the pharmacy? Make the register even harder to operate? Throw nails out on the drive thru lane in between cars?

You've got to admit, the DMV set up makes things annoying/difficult enough (why can't I just have a computer parked next to a cash register?).
Agreed with others, likely not entirely CVS IT Department's fault; clearly there is much disconnect with CVS leadership and not thinking things through in terms of work flow efficiency without feedback from us peons. Who's up for organizing waiting bit based on Rx #? Just sounds god awful...how well does this work for organizing hard copies?

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't say they have the least talented employees. The department just sucks. Whose fault it is has little importance to me.

Reactions: 1 users

Wait did I read that correctly? There is a report that can show you what the Readyfills for tomorrow is? Please let me know how lol

M1, 17, type in the date...if you want tomorrow...12/6/18 then 12/6/18. I rarely get a chance to do this (but can make a HUGE difference when I do - time management wise). Limits to 4 days ahead of schedule

LMFAO some of these transfers being Narcotics not filled yet...WTF? Automatic delete (not compatible with CVS software, also stated in most recent DEA/Control training)

You can't take any controlled transfers at CVS?

Can we discuss the transfer of unfilled erxs for controller substances? Where does the DEA stand on this issue?

Think about it this way-

Nope. Filling less prescriptions only benefits the plan because they are off the hook for having to pay for drug costs (ignoring bonus payments for things like adherence,etc). Pharmacies are the “middlemen” here in that they are always, 100% motivated to fill more scripts because that is how a pharmacy makes money. And CVS being a retail chain and PBM means that they are even more so wanting plans to use their services and members to fill medications.

You can’t make money off of spread pricing a prescription if there are no prescriptions to begin with.

Refuse to give any vaccines, that will definitely reduce script count!

Refuse to give any vaccines, that will definitely reduce script count!
The flu shot gave me the flu last year. not going to get another- plus I heard it causes autism...

Reactions: 2 users
The flu shot gave me the flu last year. not going to get another- plus I heard it causes autism...

Therefore, we will not give any vaccines to reduce script count and increase profitability! Your supervisor will love this plan!

Therefore, we will not give any vaccines to reduce script count and increase profitability! Your supervisor will love this plan!

Supervisor would rather prefer pharmacists doing off site “voluntary” (i.e unpaid since were salaried anyway right?) flu clinics to maximize profits.

Talking about glitches, nothing annoys me more than have to change 90 day scripts to 30 day at verification stage due to "technical issue". Change qty to 30 day>print RTS>scan RTS>print label for 30 day> fill 30 day > verify again. SMH. They are just pushing everything 90 day even though there is not enough qty left to convert to 90. Also auto converting 30 day rx to 90 day due to "patient preference" automatic just to have it reject from insurance to be allowed max 30 day supply. It will keep doing that until you go in patient profile and decline 90 day preference. Its been long enough for them to fix this "glitch"...!!

"""""""""

Reactions: 1 users

Although the computer system does make more sense if the goal is to make it harder to fill prescriptions. In that case the IT dept. is killing it!

The Inbev way to do business. Did craft beer good!

24 hour store, been getting a bunch of transfers now post midnight with readyfills...default times in the 4am range, some Rx automatically come through several MONTHS past ready (orange, "red") when promised time...good old CVS IT dept. Additionally been getting some 11:59s due the next day though (ex) 11:59pm 12/6/18 vs. 11:59 12/5/18).

Thank goodness someone else has seen this happen because I was thinking maybe I was crazy seeing all of the glitches from ready fills popping in. Why are we getting random transfers from other CVS stores that are due at 4 and 5am? I thought I was crazy And has anyone noticed that the same rxs will pop into qt that you had previously scheduled for future dates, but it still pops into your queue? I see this all throughout my week and even when I delete them from qt to place on hold since they're too early to fill, they still come back the next night. It's frustrating age getting on my nerves with this pos system CVS has.

Thank goodness someone else has seen this happen because I was thinking maybe I was crazy seeing all of the glitches from ready fills popping in. Why are we getting random transfers from other CVS stores that are due at 4 and 5am? I thought I was crazy And has anyone noticed that the same rxs will pop into qt that you had previously scheduled for future dates, but it still pops into your queue? I see this all throughout my week and even when I delete them from qt to place on hold since they're too early to fill, they still come back the next night. It's frustrating age getting on my nerves with this pos system CVS has.

I've noticed the transfers ins started around the whole "seasonal customer" application. Yes, QT items too soon to fill will show up 3 nights in a row (just to piss you off & desperation to fill anything possible from corporate)