Weird grade replacement question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkrules2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took calc 1 and 2 for engineers and received a c- in both. I was wondering if regular calc 1 and 2 for non-engineers could replace the grades.

Members don't see this ad.

I took calc 1 and 2 for engineers and received a c- in both. I was wondering if regular calc 1 and 2 for non-engineers could replace the grades.
Look at the course descriptions and see if they're similar.

If it's at the same school, probably not. They will have two different course codes within the same institution.

Okay I found the course descriptions. I took the following:

MATH 1910 - Calculus for Engineers
Fall, spring, summer. 4 credits.
Essentially a second course in calculus. Topics include techniques of integration, finding areas and volumes by integration, exponential growth, partial fractions, infinite sequences and series, tests of convergence, and power series.
MATH 1920 - Multivariable Calculus for Engineers
Fall, spring, summer. 4 credits.
Introduction to multivariable calculus. Topics include partial derivatives, double and triple integrals, line and surface integrals, vector fields, Green’s theorem, Stokes’ theorem, and the divergence theorem.

I'm looking to replace these with some of the following:

MATH 2401 Calculus I (4-4-0)
Functions, limits, the derivatives of algebraic and trigonometric functions, curve sketching, applications of the derivative and an introduction to the
definite and indefinite integrals of algebraic and trigonometric functions. (MATH 2413)
MATH 2402 Calculus II (4-4-0)
Topics include differentiation and integration of transcendental functions, techniques of integration, improper integrals and applications of the integral,
sequences and infinite series. (MATH 2414)
MATH 2403 Calculus III (4-4-0)
Solid analytic geometry, partial derivatives, multiple integrals and line integrals. Applications of the calculus of functions of several variables are also
considered. (MATH 2415)

I think Calc 2 and Calc 3 are the most similar to Calc 1 and 2 for engineers. Is this right? Should I check with AACOMAS?