Weird Hobby?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted877060

I really love solving different twisty puzzles -- Rubik's 2x2 to 11x11, pyramid, megaminx, ghost cube, skewb, etc. I am not into solving them very fast (i.e. speedcubing) per se, but I love working through various solutions and making them happen with my hands, and above all, learning how to solve new puzzles. I really like looking at things and feeling things with my hands, and the simple act of solving a 3D puzzle (e.g. during study breaks) is pure joy to me and my way to relax.

Is this hobby too weird...?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi not pre-med but stumbled upon this and I also love puzzles.

Also, so much of medicine and diagnostics are puzzles, so I feel like a hobby like this shows logic, determination, and problem solving, even if it might be presented in an unconventional way.

Now I wish I listed jigsaw puzzles in my vet school apps haha

If you do end up listing it and get any interview questions or cool feedback about it, I’d love to hear an update!!

Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi not pre-med but stumbled upon this and I also love puzzles.

Also, so much of medicine and diagnostics are puzzles, so I feel like a hobby like this shows logic, determination, and problem solving, even if it might be presented in an unconventional way.

Now I wish I listed jigsaw puzzles in my vet school apps haha

If you do end up listing it and get any interview questions or cool feedback about it, I’d love to hear an update!!

Good luck!
Awesome!! Glad to find another puzzle lover... haha yeah I can talk about those good qualities (or just being geeky af) XD
Hope the cycle is going well & good luck to you too! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome!! Glad to find another puzzle lover... haha yeah I can talk about those good qualities (or just being geeky af) XD
Hope the cycle is going well & good luck to you too! :)

My uncle used to head up a math dept at a top school and makes 3-D puzzles out of wood. They’re so freaking hard. My brothers awesome at them, but i can’t get the hang of em.
I stick to jigsaws mostly, and then venture into logic puzzles sometimes too.

You should check out the hobby thread in the lounge :p

Reactions: 1 users
I really love solving different twisty puzzles -- Rubik's 2x2 to 11x11, pyramid, megaminx, ghost cube, skewb, etc. I am not into solving them very fast (i.e. speedcubing) per se, but I love working through various solutions and making them happen with my hands, and above all, learning how to solve new puzzles. I really like looking at things and feeling things with my hands, and the simple act of solving a 3D puzzle (e.g. during study breaks) is pure joy to me and my way to relax.

Is this hobby too weird...?
Nope, not at all!!!

Reactions: 2 users
My uncle used to head up a math dept at a top school and makes 3-D puzzles out of wood. They’re so freaking hard. My brothers awesome at them, but i can’t get the hang of em.
I stick to jigsaws mostly, and then venture into logic puzzles sometimes too.

You should check out the hobby thread in the lounge :p
Wow that's cool!! I've got some wooden puzzles too that are so hard I don't have the courage to take them apart knowing I'll spend so much time solving them once I do haha.

I didn't know there was a hobby thread there! Will make sure to check it out :)

This isn't weird at all! :) It's interesting and a little different from all of the readers and runners. :)

It is also reflects well on your enjoyment of solving problems, which is great! :)