Weird Naplex Review Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking a Naplex review via Exammaster. This thing asked "Which condom is most suitable to protect against STDs in a latex-sensitive male?"

Dafuq?

Members don't see this ad.

Taking a Naplex review via Exammaster. This thing asked "Which condom is most suitable to protect against STDs in a latex-sensitive male?"

Dafuq?

Polyurethane. We just covered this in self-care. Lamb skin condoms does not cover viral STD's. Polyurethane condoms do and are recommended for all latex allergies.

You are welcome. :D

Polyurethane. We just covered this in self-care. Lamb skin condoms does not cover viral STD's. Polyurethane condoms do and are recommended for all latex allergies.

You are welcome. :D

I knew that was the correct material, however this thing was asking by brand names.

A - Lifestyles
B - Durex
C - Trojan Max
D - Trojan Lamb

I went with Durex, lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I knew that was the correct material, however this thing was asking by brand names.

A - Lifestyles
B - Durex
C - Trojan Max
D - Trojan Lamb

I went with Durex, lol.

Trojan Lamb. ABC are all latex while D is lambskin. It may suck to use if you're a guy but that's the right answer. Do you guys not have an OTC class?

Trojan Lamb. ABC are all latex while D is lambskin. It may suck to use if you're a guy but that's the right answer. Do you guys not have an OTC class?

You would never recommend Lamb Skin to prevent STI's. If all three are latex there is no correct answer.

I'm pretty sure Durex is polyutherane. And lambskin doesn't protect against viral STDSs.

Citation: Personal experience. :confused::laugh:

Lambskin condoms are gross.

But Durex makes latex condoms. They make non-latex too, but the entire brand is not "latex free."

Does Exam Master not tell you the correct answer?

You would never recommend Lamb Skin to prevent STI's. If all three are latex there is no correct answer.

But the other three are latex so your point is a moot one. They mentioned a latex allergy for a reason.

I'm pretty sure Durex is polyutherane. And lambskin doesn't protect against viral STDSs.

Durex is latex and you may be right but answering differently just puts you one question away from passing the NAPLEX. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright I got it.

Question: Which condom is suitable for latex-sensitive males who wish to prevent AIDS transmission?

A: Lifestyles Studded
B: Trojan Magnum
C: Trojan Lamb
D: Durex Maximum
E: Trojan Supra (forgot this before)

The correct answer is E: Trojan Supra.

I'm actually doing alright on these review exams. Averaging around an 80% but I keep ****ing up on calculation questions because I speed through the test and miss that the question is asking you for the answer in a specific unit.

Example: calculate how much of a Carafate suspension is needed based on dosage for 30 days supply in liters.

I usually mess up by entering the mL amount and forgetting to convert.

Last edited:
:laugh:

Forgetting to put the correct answer: :p

You cannot say that a Lamb Skin condom would prevent STI's though. You might conclude it is the best option out of the four presented, but that answer would still be wrong. It asked which one would prevent STI's. Lamb Skin is wrong. Sorry guys. :cool:

Was the personal experience citation for the polyurethane or lamb skin not protecting against STI's?

You cannot say that a Lamb Skin condom would prevent STI's though. You might conclude it is the best option out of the four presented, but that answer would still be wrong. It asked which one would prevent STI's. Lamb Skin is wrong. Sorry guys. :cool:

For the question as presented, the Lambskin was the best choice. You answer test questions by selecting the best answer presented for that question. Reading more into the question/assuming facts not presented/annoying me will not improve your test scores. :p

So lambskin is totally useless for preventing STIs...according to Dr. Owle. Does that mean that if a couple has ONLY lambskin and has NO ACCESS to anything else, they should just go bareback? Good to know.

For the question as presented, the Lambskin was the best choice. You answer test questions by selecting the best answer presented for that question. Reading more into the question/assuming facts not presented/annoying me will not improve your test scores. :p

So the Lambskin was the best choice for preventing STI's? No. The best choice for preventing STI's would be the condoms that actually do that. :D

I'm actually doing alright on these review exams. Averaging around an 80% but I keep ****ing up on calculation questions because I speed through the test and miss that the question is asking you for the answer in a specific unit.

Example: calculate how much of a Carafate suspension is needed based on dosage for 30 days supply in liters.

I usually mess up by entering the mL amount and forgetting to convert.

Those are just ******* mistakes. Slow down and read the fricking question. Do you want to pass the NAPLEX or not?

I am feeling very cranky today. :(

so the lambskin was the best choice for preventing sti's? No. The best choice for preventing sti's would be the condoms that actually do that. :hungover:

Who cares about preventing STIs? I'm talking about how to pass a test here! Something I'm kind of an expert in. You must be an expert in STIs. I'll remember that fact.

Getting the Clap > dying from anaphylaxis during sex

I think that's what we're supposed to conclude!
"the clap" is gonorrhea though, which is not viral. Lamb skin would protect against that, but not hiv, herpes, and the like.

"the clap" is gonorrhea though, which is not viral. Lamb skin would protect against that, but not hiv, herpes, and the like.

My source says it's not really reliable against any STI's. I think the recommendation is that they be used for pregnancy prevention only. I'd look at a package to verify labeling, but we don't sell them here.

Damn, they really want you to know your condoms. :laugh:

I'm genuinely surprised by this. They didn't go into specific condom brands with us this week while we were discussing all the different kinds of contraceptives.

I'll be sure to provide constructive feedback for the instructors. :smuggrin:

NEED MOAR BRAND NAMES! :cool:

I can just picture this conversation taking place at the counseling window in a community pharmacy. :laugh:

Ah, but have you ever been asked whether getting licked in the behind by someone who has a cold sore could be the cause of her anal herpes? :wtf:

I'm getting old....back in the day (before polyurethene), we were taught the correct answer is to put the lambskin condom on first (to protect against a latex allergy), then put a latex condom over the top of it (to prevent HIV). Not sure how that would actually work in the real world :laugh:

I'm getting old....back in the day (before polyurethene), we were taught the correct answer is to put the lambskin condom on first (to protect against a latex allergy), then put a latex condom over the top of it (to prevent HIV).

Did you go to pharmacy school in Margaritaville? :eyebrow::smuggrin:

Just what I always wanted, a thread about condoms and herpes-laced rim jobs.

My life is complete.