Weird Question - can you sit during IR procedures?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bluepineapple3

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys…question in the title, I’m a PGY1 rad resident, with interest in IR but my knees suck and I know standing in led for hours will probably not be ideal. Question is just whether it would be possible to be sitting for parts of procedures that are lengthier or just not even consider IR and live the nice-on-the-knees rad life. Thanks
 
You’re not looking into the patient like a surgeon, you’re looking over them, and the wires are long requiring a lot of reaching at times. It would be difficult and unwieldy I think.