Weirdest AMCAS error...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wolferman

Member?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I went to print my AMCAS application out once back in Oct/Nov, the window that popped up didn't have my application in it. Instead it was the app for some other student. I could see this guy's application, at least what he had filled out to date. That included his biographical info, MCAT scores, experiences, personal statement, and schools list. (On a side note, this guy applied to 54 schools!!!) Anyway, did anyone else get this same type of error? Who knows, maybe someone got my app by mistake when they went to print theirs off.

Members don't see this ad.

The same thing happened to me last week. I was printing a copy of my app when I noticed that the app belonged to another student. This is a pretty serious AMCAS error since this could be a violation of privacy issue.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should consider the more frightening prospect:

The medical schools you are applying to are receiving someone else's stats under your name. If you were "given" good stats then you were blindly fortunate. But suppose you got stats like 2.8 GPA and 23 MCAT. That would not be good. God knows how many people were rejected from medical schools this year because of AMCAS' incompetence.

Well, really, the schools would have gotten the other guy's entire application, biographical info and all. So if they liked him, they would send him a secondary, not you. So if your application got sent in place of someone else's the weirdest thing that could happen would be getting secondaries or rejections from schools you didn't designate on AMCAS. Then, schools you actually designated might have received someone else's app in place of yours. Maybe that's why so many people are getting so little communication from some schools. ;)