Wel I Make It In?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by this may be risky, 01.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. this may be risky

this may be risky

Pre-Pharmacy
    I always wanted to go into pharmacy but was scared. Years later, I have an associates in business but I am regretting the decision. I want to get into pharmacy.
    I have a 3.6 gpa from new river ctc. the only bad grades I have are from bio 101 (c) and algebra 1 (d). I haven't taken chemistry or any other sciences yet but I'm sure I'll be in the a or b range. I plan on shadowing with a pharmacist I know.
    If I get a good pcat score, do you think I can get in? Should I take the remaining classes at that college? I only plan on applying to ucwv so I have to get this right, for me and my family.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. 0leman

0leman

Pre-Pharmacy
    The first step is to start on your pre-reqs. Most likely, you'll be taking another Biology as well as College Algebra, so don't get hung up on your past. If you can make the grades in your pre-pharmacy work, you definitely have a chance! Shadow A LOT or get tech certified and find a pharmacy job to boost your chances. If I were the one selecting candidates, I'd rather pick someone who volunteered a substantial amount of time in the pharmacy as opposed to someone who worked a little. In my opinion, this shows a genuine will to gain the experience in spite of unavailable employment options.

4. this may be risky

this may be risky

Pre-Pharmacy
    I just realized my title is a little off lol. Thanks a bunch for the info. Do you know if the numbers are accurate when it comes to app vs acceptance? Or are the numbers diluted and schools accept their own more than others?

5. 0leman

0leman

Pre-Pharmacy
    I can't answer that with certainty, but I would assume that a school is likely to choose a candidate that they know will succeed in their particular program. On the contrary, it's possible that those applicants will be interviewed/selected by faculty that they aren't familiar with. Those are just my thoughts!

About the ads