welcome to MCW anesthesiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lakhota

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am current CA 2 and congratulations to all of you who have matched at MCW anesthesiology. I am very positive that you will have great experience here and will come out as an outstanding consultant. The purpose of this thread is to offer you all any help regarding relocation and finding a place or any question that you may have. please free feel to ask. Milwaukee is a great city. welcome again.

Members don't see this ad.

I am current CA 2 and congratulations to all of you who have matched at MCW anesthesiology. I am very positive that you will have great experience here and will come out as an outstanding consultant. The purpose of this thread is to offer you all any help regarding relocation and finding a place or any question that you may have. please free feel to ask. Milwaukee is a great city. welcome again.

Don't miss the Volcano Chicken at the King and I (Thai), the milk shakes at Ted's (60th and North), Leon's Custard, and the Tacos at McBob's Bar on 50th and North. The Pasta Tree for Italian, Abu's for Mideastern, go see Art Smart's Dart Mart and Juggling Emporium for your Dart, Kite and Juggling needs. Near there on the eastside is a great little Italian bakery, but I cannot remember the exact address. Go to a Brewer's game, Eliott's Hardware for your hardware and fix-it-up needs. Summerfest is a definite Must-do.

Don't drive anywhere on North avenue below the cross-streets numbered Forty-five or so.

The Outlet malls south of town are great.

Can't remember anything else right now, it has been 18 yrs, so I hope the info is still current.

Last edited:
Don't miss the Volcano Chicken at the King and I (Thai), the milk shakes at Ted's (60th and North), Leon's Custard, and the Tacos at Bob's Bar on 50th and North. The Pasta Tree for Italian, Abu's for Mideastern, go see Art Smart's Dart Mart and Juggling Emporium for your Dart, Kite and Juggling needs. Near there on the eastside is a great little Italian bakery, but I cannot remember the exact address. Go to a Brewer's game, Eliott's Hardware for your hardware and fix-it-up needs. Summerfest is a definite Must-do.

Don't drive anywhere on North avenue below the cross-streets numbered Forty-five or so.

The Outlet malls south of town are great.

Can't remember anything else right now, it has been 18 yrs, so I hope the info is still current.

I can say that re: King and I... it got sold my M2 year; it moved, and the quality of the food went drastically downhill.

I like Kopp's Custard. There are also a few really good wing nights in Tosa and downtownish.

And to make my life so much nicer here in Milwaukee, M3 year, a Costco opened north of Milwaukee in Grafton!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!! I am so excited to be coming to Milwaukee in June!! I actually do have lots of questions about housing. Can you private message me and we can talk there? (This is my first time to post, I had to create an account to do this, so I'm not sure how it all works. Oh and excuse the lame name...I had to think quickly!! haha)

Does anyone know the call schedule for MCW CA1, CA2, CA3?
It's very vague on Freida and not mentioned on the home page :eek:

Does anyone know the call schedule for MCW CA1, CA2, CA3?
It's very vague on Freida and not mentioned on the home page :eek:

The call schedule is actively changing, actually, mostly for the better. There are still some details of the new changes being ironed out, so I don't think anyone will be able to answer this question for another couple of weeks.

Gimlet. Could you tell me the current CA call schedule as it is now?
Thanks!

Three in-house residents overnight each night, and four "late call" residents each day who stay into the early evening as the ORs wind down. You will usually do 3-4 in-house calls each month and 3-4 late calls.