Welcome to our newest forum!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDN

Welcome to SDN
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This forum has been requested by a number of guests at SDN. Enjoy!

EvoDevo has been nominated as Moderator for the BioMed Forum. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Lee A Burnett said:
This forum has been requested by a number of guests at SDN. Enjoy!

EvoDevo has been nominated as Moderator for the BioMed Forum. :)

THANK YOU LEE!!!!! :D :D

Smileys all around for the best idea in SDN yet :)

Dodohead.

I'd like to nominate myself as the forum's expert in slacking off.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be the forum's "not really sure if I belong here, but interested, nonetheless poster/lurker." :D

:thumbup:

Hey Fixed Gear,

Are you a pilot?

P

Primate said:
Hey Fixed Gear,

Are you a pilot?

P

No....................

Fixed Gear refers to one of my bikes. 'Fixed Gear' bikes are like track bikes- they have one gear and they don't have a freewheel. Instead, any time/direction the wheel is spinning, so is the crankarms/pedals.

Gotcha. Fixed gear also refers to the planes with landing gear "down and welded," as in non-retractable. I'm sure you got that, but lest you think I'm a bit off (well, I may be, actually), thought I'd err on the side of overkill.

Vole impune,
P

Great forum. Maybe there is a FAQ in the works?

One thing that I did not learn until talking to PhD students is that in science programs you are able to apply directly to a PhD program without getting a Master's after you have a bachelor's degree . Does not seem like many science students are aware of this. Now that I know this it seems like it should be trivial information.

I'm pretty busy. You could write up a section and someone else another...and we'd have a FAQ. Whaddya think?

Primate said:
Gotcha. Fixed gear also refers to the planes with landing gear "down and welded," as in non-retractable. I'm sure you got that, but lest you think I'm a bit off (well, I may be, actually), thought I'd err on the side of overkill.

Vole impune,
P

hey Primate, are you a pilot?

Peace,
Glider Junkie

Absolutely. Love aviation and pretty much all things aerospace. The whole med school / grad school thing is really just something I do between flights. ;)

You?

P

Primate said:
Absolutely. Love aviation and pretty much all things aerospace. The whole med school / grad school thing is really just something I do between flights. ;)

You?

P

that's two of us :thumbup:. now that my life is so hectic, i try to get in the air at least twice a month. i jump too (you?). i'm finishing my required multi-engine hours and i think i'm in love with the Cessna 310 :D i used to work as PIC for the Kenya Wildlife Service in East Africa that's why i'm still taking transitional classes. have you done any bush flying yet?

ONE