Well, another quarter starts next Monday..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FiremedicMike

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took this last quarter off, which was a great idea. 5 quarters of a full school load on top of my ridiculous full-time schedule was a lot and nearly burned me out. It doesn't help that, as I've whined about before, I'm still working on gen-ed classes that I don't particularly care about. At least next quarter I have intermediate algebra, which has the dual benefit of being a part of my BCPM GPA and also being a math class, which I really enjoy.

I have 3 more quarters before I transfer into OU to begin my bachelors coursework, and I made an effort to put a relevant/interesting course within each quarter, intermediate algebra next quarter, then college algebra, then chem 111. Of course, on top of that, I have to take classes like anthropology, business, marketing, nutrition for nurses (somehow accepted as a pre-req for the bachelors). Then comes my 3 quarters of bachelors classes which are all business related, THEN THE FUN STUFF!!!

Oh well, this thread served no purpose than the fact that it's morning, my family is still all asleep, and I'm drinking a cup of coffee and excited to get going again. Hopefully you all are having a good summer so far and are pushing through the drudgery like me :)

Members don't see this ad.

OU!!! NOOOOOO! BOO OU BOO OU. I used to live in Shawnee and work at the hospital there as a RT. Back in Texas though. (kidding/sarcasm)

How many credits do you have? I myself am returning to school again, and start the 22nd of August. Currently taking some pre-reqs that I have good grades in b/c I will be using the Texas academic freshstart program in 2015 if I can't get into D.O. school by then. I have a BS in Respiratory Care, but I will be going to school until I do get into medical school. Once the freshstart provision hits my gpa, it jumps from a 2ish to a 3.8-3.9. My first 2 years of school (2003-2005) are my only blemishes.

Good luck on working FT as well as going to school FT. Doing the same here. Got a really good job at a children's sleep lab that pays me for being a RT (instead of polysomnographer pay). I run ventilator sleep studies under a D.O. If it wasn't for this gig, I don't know how doing both would bode with me.

-Ivan

Hah, I actually really enjoyed my conversations with OUCOM admissions staff. I've called 3 different schools so far to explain my story and get some advice from the horses mouth. Of the three, OUCOM was unbelievably nice and seemed genuinely interested in me and my story...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hah, I actually really enjoyed my conversations with OUCOM admissions staff. I've called 3 different schools so far to explain my story and get some advice from the horses mouth. Of the three, OUCOM was unbelievably nice and seemed genuinely interested in me and my story...

I think that you are talking Ohio, while the guy from Shawnee is talking about Oklahoma.

Yea, I was thinking OU as in Oklahoma University. It was all in jest though. If they accepted me... I'd go in a heartbeat!

Ahh, that's wild, because there's a whole lot of "Shawnee" type stuff in SE Ohio also..