Well taught classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mhaddi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know of med school with well taught anatomy classes? Also, are their any schools where it is worth it to good to class? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by mhaddi:
•Does anybody know of med school with well taught anatomy classes? Also, are their any schools where it is worth it to good to class? Thanks.•••••:confused:

You gotta be kidding...What's the point of even considering medical school if you're not going to make an effort to establish self-reliance?

Oddly enough, with the exception of histology, all of our lectures are pretty well attended here at sinai. One of the reasons may be that we don't have a well organized note taking service. Some people tried doing it last semester, but it didn't really carry over to this semseter. Our physio classes are videotaped, and we get the powerpoint handouts for most classes, but usually you either need to be there to get the notes. Otherwise, you have to copy them from a friend- which many ppl, like myself often do. Our anatomy course is definitely made intersting and the teaching is great, but i worry that it is not intense enough. to be honest, i thought anatomy was pretty easy. we only had lab 2 days a week for 3-4 hours and had lecture once a week or so. Nonetheless, anatomy here is fairly self directed since there isn't any reading assigned outside of the dissector (a map quest type of book of sorts which tells u where to go, but not much else). I didn't do any of the moore reading, but often read a little in grant's atlas. i would be more concerned with how the teaching for physio is (though i am still a first year and don;t know if there are more important courses etc). Physio, while not overly difficult, is much more idea intensive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anatomy is important for learning the physical exam, Surgery and its subspecialties, Radiology, pathology, ER, Neurology, Radiation Oncology, PM&R. You will understand when you do your general surgery and radiology electives why you need to know your anatomy well. :D

Kind of off the subject but: Anatomy will come back and haunt you if you don't learn it well. Voxel is on the money.

Surgery: "What is this structure? Where does it go, why do you need to know that in this particular surgery, what happens if we cut it?"

Radiology: "Think about it 3-dimensionally. What structure corresponds to the increased density you see on the film? Why is that important, what possible pathologic process could cause it to look like that on X-Ray?"

Anatomy rocks and YOU WILL USE IT AGAIN!

Go to class? Huh?