Other OT-Related Information West coast University MSOT summer 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
SO I got email from Mary stating that "This email is to inform you that we have reviewed your application and unfortunately your application has not been selected to progress." So I emailed her back saying why my application is not selected and her response was Unfortunately I have submitted application very late in the cycle; but I submitted my application before deadline which was July 12th 2020. Now for Fall 2021, I need to reapply on July 16th 2020 cycle.
Any one received similar email like I did? Any suggestion when any of you submitted your application for Spring 2021? So for the next cycle i can apply early.

All I know is both OTD fall 2020 and MSOT spring 2021 deadlines are due June 12, 2020 unless they changed the dates.

Edit: Try to actually check OTCAS for their new application cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
SO I got email from Mary stating that "This email is to inform you that we have reviewed your application and unfortunately your application has not been selected to progress." So I emailed her back saying why my application is not selected and her response was Unfortunately I have submitted application very late in the cycle; but I submitted my application before deadline which was July 12th 2020. Now for Fall 2021, I need to reapply on July 16th 2020 cycle.
Any one received similar email like I did? Any suggestion when any of you submitted your application for Spring 2021? So for the next cycle i can apply early.
You can always apply for Fall 2021! I know that they go based off rolling admissions so that is something to consider. Try applying as soon as the cycle opens I'm sure you will get in :) good luck. Let me know if you have any questions!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I attended one of their info sessions and Maria said it is best to submit your application 4 weeks before the deadline. I hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Does anyone else have an upcoming zoom interview for Spring 2021? Mine is this coming week and I am extremely nervous! Any tips on calming down or what to wear? (I’m a female)

I recently did an online zoom interview. I was in a lobby with 7 other candidates and we were pulled individually to our interviewer. It was a one on one interview. After the interview, they will send you an email for the essay prompt. You will have one hour to physically write/ submit via email (just take a picture of your paper and send it to the email they provided). In regards to the essay prompt, I heard there are different prompts of essay and it varies for everyone. I would say, the essay will most likely be about you. Brain storm accomplishments or maybe struggles that shaped the way you are as an individual.
Thank you for sharing! How long was your zoom interview if you don’t mind me asking

Thank you for sharing! How long was your zoom interview if you don’t mind me asking
I cant remember how long the interview was but it all depends how long you answer the questions. I think there were about 5 main questions and some questions would have subquestions.

Sorry I was so nervous, time just flew by during the interview.

My interview was about 15 minutes, super quick! About 5 basic questions

I cant remember how long the interview was but it all depends how long you answer the questions. I think there were about 5 main questions and some questions would have subquestions.

Sorry I was so nervous, time just flew by during the interview.
Thank you so much! I’ll probably be nervous and lose track of time too. Lol

Members don't see this ad :)
That happened to me last application cycle! OTCAS said the deadline was March. I submitted in January, but West Coast closed the application process early due to reaching "maximum capacity." OTCAS doesn't always update it on their end. I'd apply right when the next cycle opens! Good luck!

That happened to me last application cycle! OTCAS said the deadline was March. I submitted in January, but West Coast closed the application process early due to reaching "maximum capacity." OTCAS doesn't always update it on their end. I'd apply right when the next cycle opens! Good luck!

That sounds awful! I would have demanded a refund :-(

There is now a Facebook group for everyone starting the Spring 2021 MSOT program!

Does anyone know if a Facebook group has been made for MSOT Spring 2021?
Someone just made a group!

Has anyone completed their background check for Spring 2021 admission?
Yes..I think. haha I got a notification that it was completed but I’m not sure if it automatically goes to the school or if we have to share it.

Hi! I was wondering for current students, how do you guys like the program so far? I got accepted to the OTD program for Fall 2021 and wanted a bit more insight. Congrats guys!

Hello, does anyone know if it is too late to apply for spring 2021?