West VA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SHIBBY

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard from West Virginia...I haven't seen much about it on this site...do they have a little slower turn-around time than the other DO schools?
:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I am a second year at WVSOM. As far as I know they are well into the interview process. It begins at the end of August and goes until they fill the class. If you have any questions let me know.

Bucco--

Yeah, I received interviews at all three other DO schools I applied and a couple of MD schools.
But WVA hasn't informed me of anything as of yet.
Is there a particular kind of applicant they are looking for..i.e. one closer to WVA-?

While their (WVSOM) mission it to provide family practice docs for rural Appalachia, my class had people from GA, AL, MS, MD, KY, VA and I am sure others that I don't remember. So you still have a good shot. Have you called them to ask what's up? John Gorby's secretary (unfortunately I don't remember her name) should be able to tell you where your file is in their grand scheme of things! :D good luck!

Billie, MS-IV
WVSOM