Westchester NY Medical College

Started by habeebi82
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

habeebi82

habeebi82
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what do you guys know about this programm? I havent seen anybody posting on it? seems to be quite good to me, or am I mistaken?
 
I went to medical school there, but graduated in 2005, so my info may not be totally current and I can't comment what it's like as a resident there. However the hospital is new and beautiful, and the faculty that I worked with there were all very nice. The volume is certainly excellent as well, so you'll see plenty.

Keep in mind that they used to have rotations down in the Bronx at another hospital, but many I knew felt that was a positive and different experience. Westchester Medical Center as a whole did have a lot of monetary problems when I was there, however I don't know if or how that affected the children's hospital.

Had I wanted to stay in the NY area, I probably would have stayed there, but I'm just not a fan of the northeast.