-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Western/COMP Discussion Thread 2010-2011
Started by Siggy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
for now, albany med. im just waiting to see where else i can get into lol.
definitely send letters of interest. those are what got me interviews in the first place, and i keep sending them to my waitlisted schools at least once a month. it doesnt hurt to let them know that you're still alive and very interested in attending.
definitely send letters of interest. those are what got me interviews in the first place, and i keep sending them to my waitlisted schools at least once a month. it doesnt hurt to let them know that you're still alive and very interested in attending.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ahh, wonder if i met him on my interview day. is he from davis or arizona?
send e-mail to your admissions counselor for sure. call in every week or so to inquire about waitlist movement and indicate that you are still very interesterd in attending. you might want to ask your interviewer on what steps you can take to show your interest in Western (e.g. can i update you on my activities, how often do i update, do i send a letter in to dean adams).
send e-mail to your admissions counselor for sure. call in every week or so to inquire about waitlist movement and indicate that you are still very interesterd in attending. you might want to ask your interviewer on what steps you can take to show your interest in Western (e.g. can i update you on my activities, how often do i update, do i send a letter in to dean adams).
I am also withdrawing from Western in the next few days. Good luck all you WL'ers!
My friend got accepted into Western from their SMP. He said everyone who applied from their SMP got accepted.
Definitely do that route if you have borderline stats!
Definitely do that route if you have borderline stats!
I asked one of the advisors and she said that the committee has been looking at both the alternate and deferred lists. I do hope that Western start calling people on the alternate wait list soon. Initially, I was going to wait until mid-June to see if I get in, but I think I'm going to wait until July 11th.
i need some advice...at this point i'll being going to AZCOM...but i'm still waitlisted at Western...it looks like i won't hear anything back from them...but if i do...does anyone have any advice & input on their personal opinions...
i would be living at home (saving a lot of money) @ Western...so that's always a big plus...
i would be living at home (saving a lot of money) @ Western...so that's always a big plus...
i need some advice...at this point i'll being going to AZCOM...but i'm still waitlisted at Western...it looks like i won't hear anything back from them...but if i do...does anyone have any advice & input on their personal opinions...
i would be living at home (saving a lot of money) @ Western...so that's always a big plus...
Western>AZCOM. If I got accepted off the waitlist at Western last minute, I'd do anything to go there. But I live 30 minutes away from Western currently and would be saving a lot of money as well. Plus staying in socal...
Vishna, i think we're on the same boat :] hopefully we hear good news in the next month
I just got a call from Martha and got accepted off the alternate list. I interviewed and was waitlisted in December and didn't hear anything back from them until now. So now I have a week to decide. Good luck to those of you still on the alternate list. I know it can be a horrible wait.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got a call from Martha and got accepted off the alternate list. I interviewed and was waitlisted in December and didn't hear anything back from them until now. So now I have a week to decide. Good luck to those of you still on the alternate list. I know it can be a horrible wait.
Hi freothalaf,
Congratulations! Were you on the regular alternate list or the deferred list?
I was on the regular alternate list. I also hadn't heard anything from them since I got waitlisted in January so I really had given up on them.
Hi guys- I was placed on the regular wait list after my interview in December. However, Western just wasn't for me. I got accepted to Touro NV in Jan and I will be matriculating there..anyways I got a call from Martha yesterday and she offered me a seat. I was shocked bc I didn't send any updates or show them that I was still interested. So..don't lose hope!!! I hope my seat goes to one of you students. Don't give up, good luck and follow your dreams 👍



Hi guys- I was placed on the regular wait list after my interview in December. However, Western just wasn't for me. I got accepted to Touro NV in Jan and I will be matriculating there..anyways I got a call from Martha yesterday and she offered me a seat. I was shocked bc I didn't send any updates or show them that I was still interested. So..don't lose hope!!! I hope my seat goes to one of you students. Don't give up, good luck and follow your dreams 👍![]()
Congrats. I have mailed them so many LOI and haven't heard a thing. I am also going to Touro NV.
congrats! anyone have more news regarding the waitlist situation?
For those of you that got off the regular waitlist lately, do you mind sharing your stats? i've been talking to a lot of doctors and they don't believe it's unranked...just wondering
I got off last week. 30 MCAT(10s across the boards), 3.54 GPA(3.6 science)
So... Any movement on the waitlist today??
I don't know about today, but there is steady movement off the wait list every week....
Hi Everyone! So I'm in a bit of a bind since my roommate just got accepted off a waitlist for another school today and she won't be able to live with me. We already signed our lease, but we haven't moved in yet (I'll be moving in this weekend). I am looking for anyone who wants to fill a 2nd bedroom in our 2-bdrm townhouse.
The Lexington
9200 Monte Vista Ave
Montclair, CA 91763
It's a 2 bdrm/1.5 bath townhouse about 10 min away from Western. It's situated right across the street from the Montclair Plaza Mall. The total rent is $1199 a month (about ~$600 per room), additional cost for electricity and internet.
Please, please let me know if you or someone you know is interested and email me at [email protected]. Thank you!
The Lexington
9200 Monte Vista Ave
Montclair, CA 91763
It's a 2 bdrm/1.5 bath townhouse about 10 min away from Western. It's situated right across the street from the Montclair Plaza Mall. The total rent is $1199 a month (about ~$600 per room), additional cost for electricity and internet.
Please, please let me know if you or someone you know is interested and email me at [email protected]. Thank you!
I got offered a seat today which came as a surprise since I interviewed in February and had pretty much given up on this school. I declined, so there is still hope if you are on the WL. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got offered a seat today which came as a surprise since I interviewed in February and had pretty much given up on this school. I declined, so there is still hope if you are on the WL. Good luck!
Dude, love the SDN handle! And best of luck at NSU. It's a great school! Say hi to Silvagni! 😀
Thanks for the update koopa! I still have my hopes up and fingers crossed.
If any of you do get off waitlist and need housing, I need to transfer my lease. Just got off a waitlist. Please pm me if you do!! Good luck!
If you need a roommate or are trying to find housing go to the Westernu housing site through banweb. It is where the students put up housing lists. iT is a great way for you to find roomates.
Hey all:
Where can I go to see the interview questions that have been posed this cycle? Thanks!
Where can I go to see the interview questions that have been posed this cycle? Thanks!
Hey all:
Where can I go to see the interview questions that have been posed this cycle? Thanks!
1.) This year's thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=815703
2.) The interview feedback forum might help for the regular interviews. I had mine with 1 faculty member and a medical student. It's the standard why here, tell me about yourself, why osteopathic medicine, etc.
For the MMI you're required to sign a confidentiality statement.
Good luck!
Has anyone gotten offered a scholarship yet? I just got a scholarship from LECOM, and wondering if WesternU is giving out scholarships as well right now.
hey seraphkz i think this is last years application thread 😛. but i think one person did get offered a 10k scholarship per year. their SDN name was DrMarty. but from what i understand, westernu does not give out very many scholarships, just what ever loans you qualify for through filling out fafsa
hey seraphkz i think this is last years application thread 😛. but i think one person did get offered a 10k scholarship per year. their SDN name was DrMarty. but from what i understand, westernu does not give out very many scholarships, just what ever loans you qualify for through filling out fafsa
Oops I am terribly sorry, can't believe I made that mistake haha. Thanks a lot!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 471
- Views
- 145K
- Replies
- 116
- Views
- 31K
- Replies
- 712
- Views
- 236K