-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Western/COMP Discussion Thread 2011-2012
Started by Cheshyre
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do you know the date of their interview? I havn't heard anything from interview on 10/22/11
they had the earlier dates 🙂
I think we're still going to have to wait at least another week, at least for snail mail. The earlier date interviewees were getting their responses back 2 weeks after their interview. If you have another school pending, they said you could always call and see if they've made a decision, but who knows if they've even met to review 10/22has anyone from interview on 10/22/11, heard back yet??? I just can't wait..![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got this horrible email today
This sucks. Here are my stats:
3.2cGPA/3.1sGPA/32Q
Your application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee and you were not selected for an interview at this time. However your application will continue to be reviewed and you will be contacted by telephone if you are selected for a future interview. Your status remains the same until contacted for interview or notified that interviews are closed.
This sucks. Here are my stats:
3.2cGPA/3.1sGPA/32Q
Got this horrible email today
This sucks. Here are my stats:
3.2cGPA/3.1sGPA/32Q
how was your recommendation letters, volunteer work!! you have a great MCAT number
Last edited:
=(((((( that's unexpected. keep your head up though, you'll get in somewhere with a mcat square like thatGot this horrible email today
This sucks. Here are my stats:
3.2cGPA/3.1sGPA/32Q
Got this horrible email today
This sucks. Here are my stats:
3.2cGPA/3.1sGPA/32Q
I figure WesternU is weighs GPA higher than MCAT scores. I also got this email with a lower GPA and higher MCAT.
Thanks for the encouragement, everyone.
My Letters are really good and really personal! My extracurricular activities are very diverse and well invested. One of them includes teaching karate to children with special needs to help them develop the necessary abilities to assimilate into our society.
My Letters are really good and really personal! My extracurricular activities are very diverse and well invested. One of them includes teaching karate to children with special needs to help them develop the necessary abilities to assimilate into our society.
Thanks for the encouragement, everyone.
My Letters are really good and really personal! My extracurricular activities are very diverse and well invested. One of them includes teaching karate to children with special needs to help them develop the necessary abilities to assimilate into our society.
looks like you have very very strong profile. call them again and let them know this is your #1 choice for DO school. keep your faith and remember there are many other schools who would jump to have you. best of luck
to you..has anyone from interview on 10/22/11, heard back yet??? I just can't wait..![]()
I haven't heard back either and I'm so anxious! Every time I approach the mailbox my heart pounds!!
Hey AP gooner,
the interview is broken up into two parts. first you are interviewed by a 2x faculty. then the second part of the interview are the MMI's, which are only two stations. just a quick question for you, when was your application complete at westernu? thanks!
the interview is broken up into two parts. first you are interviewed by a 2x faculty. then the second part of the interview are the MMI's, which are only two stations. just a quick question for you, when was your application complete at westernu? thanks!
II for December 1st. What's the interview like? Length, style etc?
Not sure if I'm going yet...
Hey AP gooner,
the interview is broken up into two parts. first you are interviewed by a 2x faculty. then the second part of the interview are the MMI's, which are only two stations. just a quick question for you, when was your application complete at westernu? thanks!
Thanks for the info. I'm guessing there will be a little tour at the school at well on interview day?
My secondary was complete Oct 9!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup, you should get a tour of the school led by some first year med students, they'll provide you lunch as well. there will also be a small financial aid session and quick overview of the curriculum as well. also, did you just receive your interview invite today? or earlier in the week?
Thanks for the info. I'm guessing there will be a little tour at the school at well on interview day?
My secondary was complete Oct 9!
Yup, you should get a tour of the school led by some first year med students, they'll provide you lunch as well. there will also be a small financial aid session and quick overview of the curriculum as well. also, did you just receive your interview invite today? or earlier in the week?
I got my II via phone call today.
Apparently, the last two interview dates for this cycle (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong) are 12/1 and 12/10. Still hope!
I got my II via phone call today.
Apparently, the last two interview dates for this cycle (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong) are 12/1 and 12/10. Still hope!
Holy crap you scared me... I don't think so though.
http://prospective.westernu.edu/osteopathic/faqs
Question 11: How and when will I know if I've been invited for an interview?
You will receive a telephone call from the admissions office if you have been selected for an interview. Applicants who are invited to interview will be scheduled for an interview two to three weeks in advance. Out-of-state applicants are given four to six weeks advance notice. Interviews are conducted from September through March.
If they invite ~500 people, it makes sense they interview later. And they take secondaries into January.
Holy crap you scared me... I don't think so though.
http://prospective.westernu.edu/osteopathic/faqs
Question 11: How and when will I know if I've been invited for an interview?
You will receive a telephone call from the admissions office if you have been selected for an interview. Applicants who are invited to interview will be scheduled for an interview two to three weeks in advance. Out-of-state applicants are given four to six weeks advance notice. Interviews are conducted from September through March.
If they invite ~500 people, it makes sense they interview later. And they take secondaries into January.
Ahh well I asked to be scheduled for a later date. They said these are the only dates they could offer me and I'm OOS. Odd... maybe I just got scammed haha
Ahh well I asked to be scheduled for a later date. They said these are the only dates they could offer me and I'm OOS. Odd... maybe I just got scammed haha
Maybe those were the last two dates for the calendar year of 2011... that would make more sense! Sorry for the confusion!! 😳 😀
congratz!!! where do you live, masoumeh?
interviewed on 10/22/11 and got my acceptance just yesterday.the envelope was small but the news was all i could dream of. wish you all the very best. class of 2016..
![]()
GOT MINE TODAY!!! Yay and congrats to you!! thanks so much for warning me it was still in a small envelope 🙂
how'd it go?? i'm sure you did great.Interviewing today. So excited/nervous. #1 school![]()
what was your MCAT score and GPA?? western is a great university and wish you the best of luck at CCOM
my MCAT was a 34, GPA 3.7
extracurriculars include: workin in 2 cancer bio labs, i wrote a paper which was published in radiography in 2009, i volunteered for ~1 year in a hospital, volunteered with mentally disabled people playing softball and bowling for ~6 months, shadowed 4 doctors
My personal statement was good also, and i thought the interview went well but i guess i was wrong about that
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my MCAT was a 34, GPA 3.7
extracurriculars include: workin in 2 cancer bio labs, i wrote a paper which was published in radiography in 2009, i volunteered for ~1 year in a hospital, volunteered with mentally disabled people playing softball and bowling for ~6 months, shadowed 4 doctors
My personal statement was good also, and i thought the interview went well but i guess i was wrong about that
Wow, that is very surprising that you didn't get in!! Maybe the MMI didn't go so well? What do you think?
Interview invite today. NJ Resident, 3.26 cGPA, 3.08 sGPA, 32Q MCAT
Don't know if I'll go yet...I have already confirmed at KCUMB, and I don't really want to fly out on another interview and spend another $500 dollars on a plane ticket/hotel.
I'll be sure to let you guys know if I decline though!
Don't know if I'll go yet...I have already confirmed at KCUMB, and I don't really want to fly out on another interview and spend another $500 dollars on a plane ticket/hotel.
I'll be sure to let you guys know if I decline though!
Wow, that is very surprising that you didn't get in!! Maybe the MMI didn't go so well? What do you think?
no clue, thought it all went pretty well
Called the admissions office and double-checked that my deposit check went through and then signed up for ISAC.
Let's rock!
when does ISAC & that other summer science program start?
Called the admissions office and double-checked that my deposit check went through and then signed up for ISAC.
Let's rock!
How did you sign up? I emailed Professor Kuehn to sign up.
when does ISAC & that other summer science program start?
ISAC starts June 18 and runs til August 3.
How did you sign up? I emailed Professor Kuehn to sign up.
I emailed him today and he placed me on the list. He said the official papers to sign up will come at the end of April.
how'd it go?? i'm sure you did great.
It is always hard to tell but I felt it went well. About the same as my 4 other interviews which I've gotten acceptances to all of them...but I'm hoping that because it's my number 1 I didn't jinx it haha (I'm not superstitious but almost can't help it here!) It'll be a long couple of weeks 😛
Interview invite today. NJ Resident, 3.26 cGPA, 3.08 sGPA, 32Q MCAT
Don't know if I'll go yet...I have already confirmed at KCUMB, and I don't really want to fly out on another interview and spend another $500 dollars on a plane ticket/hotel.
I'll be sure to let you guys know if I decline though!
Hey, if you don't end up going, just call em and tell em that DrWily is gonna take your place.
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 😉
Are we talking about the same school? I got an interview invite for Dec. 10 for Lebanon,Oregon.How does the MMI work and how do I prepare for it.What is the acceptance rate to this school?Do they emphasize primary and rural care for residency and practice?Thanks
Are we talking about the same school? I got an interview invite for Dec. 10 for Lebanon,Oregon.How does the MMI work and how do I prepare for it.What is the acceptance rate to this school?Do they emphasize primary and rural care for residency and practice?Thanks
This is the Pomona campus.
Hey, if you don't end up going, just call em and tell em that DrWily is gonna take your place.
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 😉
I'll try my best 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. Good luck to everyone going through the application process.
I am currently a second year student at Western. Let me know if anybody has any questions I can help with.
I am currently a second year student at Western. Let me know if anybody has any questions I can help with.
Got an invite today. I got the dec 10 date. Anyone else have that day? Even though I'm local I'm prob going to get a hotel the night before. If anyone is interested in meeting up pm me
congrats engin33ring!! gahhhhh, i hope i get the call soon.... i think we were complete around the same time.
Got an invite today. I got the dec 10 date. Anyone else have that day? Even though I'm local I'm prob going to get a hotel the night before. If anyone is interested in meeting up pm me
Got an invite today. I got the dec 10 date. Anyone else have that day? Even though I'm local I'm prob going to get a hotel the night before. If anyone is interested in meeting up pm me
I'm on December 10th! I got accepted at my top choice so I might not end up going but if so I'll look for ya! I'll decide in the next day or so whether to keep my interview spot since I know there is someone looking forward to an interview invite!!
congrats engin33ring!! gahhhhh, i hope i get the call soon.... i think we were complete around the same time.
Thanks ooitsrich. I do believe we were complete around the same time. although there was delay on my application being complete because of a school mix-up. Maybe they felt bad for me and moved my application along. I never know how these admin committees decide things.
Let me know if you get a call.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 472
- Views
- 146K
- Replies
- 116
- Views
- 31K
- Replies
- 712
- Views
- 237K
the envelope was small but the news was all i could dream of. wish you all the very best. class of 2016..
