Western/COMP Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:)best of luck

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone from interview on 10/22/11, heard back yet??? I just can't wait..:scared:
I think we're still going to have to wait at least another week, at least for snail mail. The earlier date interviewees were getting their responses back 2 weeks after their interview. If you have another school pending, they said you could always call and see if they've made a decision, but who knows if they've even met to review 10/22

Members don't see this ad :)
Got this horrible email today

Your application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee and you were not selected for an interview at this time. However your application will continue to be reviewed and you will be contacted by telephone if you are selected for a future interview. Your status remains the same until contacted for interview or notified that interviews are closed.

This sucks. Here are my stats:

3.2cGPA/3.1sGPA/32Q

3.2cGPA/3.1sGPA/32Q

how was your recommendation letters, volunteer work!! you have a great MCAT number

Last edited:

3.2cGPA/3.1sGPA/32Q
=(((((( that's unexpected. keep your head up though, you'll get in somewhere with a mcat square like that

3.2cGPA/3.1sGPA/32Q

I figure WesternU is weighs GPA higher than MCAT scores. I also got this email with a lower GPA and higher MCAT.

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone.

My Letters are really good and really personal! My extracurricular activities are very diverse and well invested. One of them includes teaching karate to children with special needs to help them develop the necessary abilities to assimilate into our society.

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone.

My Letters are really good and really personal! My extracurricular activities are very diverse and well invested. One of them includes teaching karate to children with special needs to help them develop the necessary abilities to assimilate into our society.

looks like you have very very strong profile. call them again and let them know this is your #1 choice for DO school. keep your faith and remember there are many other schools who would jump to have you. best of luck:clap:to you..

has anyone from interview on 10/22/11, heard back yet??? I just can't wait..:scared:

I haven't heard back either and I'm so anxious! Every time I approach the mailbox my heart pounds!!

II for December 1st. What's the interview like? Length, style etc?

Not sure if I'm going yet...

Hey AP gooner,

the interview is broken up into two parts. first you are interviewed by a 2x faculty. then the second part of the interview are the MMI's, which are only two stations. just a quick question for you, when was your application complete at westernu? thanks!

II for December 1st. What's the interview like? Length, style etc?

Not sure if I'm going yet...

I'm wondering what apartment/condo complexes Claremont residents would recommend? I'm hoping to find a nice studio or 1-bedroom at a reasonable price!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey AP gooner,

the interview is broken up into two parts. first you are interviewed by a 2x faculty. then the second part of the interview are the MMI's, which are only two stations. just a quick question for you, when was your application complete at westernu? thanks!

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing there will be a little tour at the school at well on interview day?
My secondary was complete Oct 9!

The MMI is considerably so much easier than the Canadian ones.

Yup, you should get a tour of the school led by some first year med students, they'll provide you lunch as well. there will also be a small financial aid session and quick overview of the curriculum as well. also, did you just receive your interview invite today? or earlier in the week?

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing there will be a little tour at the school at well on interview day?
My secondary was complete Oct 9!

Yup, you should get a tour of the school led by some first year med students, they'll provide you lunch as well. there will also be a small financial aid session and quick overview of the curriculum as well. also, did you just receive your interview invite today? or earlier in the week?

I got my II via phone call today.

Apparently, the last two interview dates for this cycle (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong) are 12/1 and 12/10. Still hope!

I got my II via phone call today.

Apparently, the last two interview dates for this cycle (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong) are 12/1 and 12/10. Still hope!

Holy crap you scared me... I don't think so though.
http://prospective.westernu.edu/osteopathic/faqs
Question 11: How and when will I know if I've been invited for an interview?
You will receive a telephone call from the admissions office if you have been selected for an interview. Applicants who are invited to interview will be scheduled for an interview two to three weeks in advance. Out-of-state applicants are given four to six weeks advance notice. Interviews are conducted from September through March.

If they invite ~500 people, it makes sense they interview later. And they take secondaries into January.

Holy crap you scared me... I don't think so though.
http://prospective.westernu.edu/osteopathic/faqs
Question 11: How and when will I know if I've been invited for an interview?
You will receive a telephone call from the admissions office if you have been selected for an interview. Applicants who are invited to interview will be scheduled for an interview two to three weeks in advance. Out-of-state applicants are given four to six weeks advance notice. Interviews are conducted from September through March.

If they invite ~500 people, it makes sense they interview later. And they take secondaries into January.

Ahh well I asked to be scheduled for a later date. They said these are the only dates they could offer me and I'm OOS. Odd... maybe I just got scammed haha

Ahh well I asked to be scheduled for a later date. They said these are the only dates they could offer me and I'm OOS. Odd... maybe I just got scammed haha

Maybe those were the last two dates for the calendar year of 2011... that would make more sense! Sorry for the confusion!! :oops: :D

interviewed on 10/22/11 and got my acceptance just yesterday.:soexcited:the envelope was small but the news was all i could dream of. wish you all the very best. class of 2016..:highfive:

Had an interview 10/22, got a rejection letter today. Pretty damn surprised. I have good stats, pretty good extracurriculars and thought the interview went well. Oh well atleast i got accepted at CCOM, won't be seein any of u Western students next year tho!

what was your MCAT score and GPA?? western is a great university and wish you the best of luck at CCOM

interviewed on 10/22/11 and got my acceptance just yesterday.:soexcited:the envelope was small but the news was all i could dream of. wish you all the very best. class of 2016..:highfive:

GOT MINE TODAY!!! Yay and congrats to you!! thanks so much for warning me it was still in a small envelope :)

what was your MCAT score and GPA?? western is a great university and wish you the best of luck at CCOM

my MCAT was a 34, GPA 3.7

extracurriculars include: workin in 2 cancer bio labs, i wrote a paper which was published in radiography in 2009, i volunteered for ~1 year in a hospital, volunteered with mentally disabled people playing softball and bowling for ~6 months, shadowed 4 doctors

My personal statement was good also, and i thought the interview went well but i guess i was wrong about that

I'm interviewing here on Dec 10th! Boo yea! So excited.

my MCAT was a 34, GPA 3.7

extracurriculars include: workin in 2 cancer bio labs, i wrote a paper which was published in radiography in 2009, i volunteered for ~1 year in a hospital, volunteered with mentally disabled people playing softball and bowling for ~6 months, shadowed 4 doctors

My personal statement was good also, and i thought the interview went well but i guess i was wrong about that

Wow, that is very surprising that you didn't get in!! Maybe the MMI didn't go so well? What do you think?

Interview invite today. NJ Resident, 3.26 cGPA, 3.08 sGPA, 32Q MCAT

Don't know if I'll go yet...I have already confirmed at KCUMB, and I don't really want to fly out on another interview and spend another $500 dollars on a plane ticket/hotel.

I'll be sure to let you guys know if I decline though!

Is there a way to see the PGY-2 match list for WesternU COMP?

Called the admissions office and double-checked that my deposit check went through and then signed up for ISAC.

:biglove:

Let's rock!

Called the admissions office and double-checked that my deposit check went through and then signed up for ISAC.

Let's rock!

when does ISAC & that other summer science program start?

Let's rock!

How did you sign up? I emailed Professor Kuehn to sign up.

when does ISAC & that other summer science program start?

ISAC starts June 18 and runs til August 3.

How did you sign up? I emailed Professor Kuehn to sign up.

I emailed him today and he placed me on the list. He said the official papers to sign up will come at the end of April.

I've been accepted but don't want to turn in the deposit yet, do I need to do anything to hold on to my seat aside from paying the deposit by 12/15?

how'd it go?? i'm sure you did great.

It is always hard to tell but I felt it went well. About the same as my 4 other interviews which I've gotten acceptances to all of them...but I'm hoping that because it's my number 1 I didn't jinx it haha (I'm not superstitious but almost can't help it here!) It'll be a long couple of weeks :p

Interview invite today. NJ Resident, 3.26 cGPA, 3.08 sGPA, 32Q MCAT

Don't know if I'll go yet...I have already confirmed at KCUMB, and I don't really want to fly out on another interview and spend another $500 dollars on a plane ticket/hotel.

I'll be sure to let you guys know if I decline though!

Hey, if you don't end up going, just call em and tell em that DrWily is gonna take your place.

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ;)

Are we talking about the same school? I got an interview invite for Dec. 10 for Lebanon,Oregon.How does the MMI work and how do I prepare for it.What is the acceptance rate to this school?Do they emphasize primary and rural care for residency and practice?Thanks

Are we talking about the same school? I got an interview invite for Dec. 10 for Lebanon,Oregon.How does the MMI work and how do I prepare for it.What is the acceptance rate to this school?Do they emphasize primary and rural care for residency and practice?Thanks

This is the Pomona campus.

Hey guys. Good luck to everyone going through the application process.

I am currently a second year student at Western. Let me know if anybody has any questions I can help with.

Got an invite today. I got the dec 10 date. Anyone else have that day? Even though I'm local I'm prob going to get a hotel the night before. If anyone is interested in meeting up pm me

congrats engin33ring!! gahhhhh, i hope i get the call soon.... i think we were complete around the same time.

Got an invite today. I got the dec 10 date. Anyone else have that day? Even though I'm local I'm prob going to get a hotel the night before. If anyone is interested in meeting up pm me

I'm on December 10th! I got accepted at my top choice so I might not end up going but if so I'll look for ya! I'll decide in the next day or so whether to keep my interview spot since I know there is someone looking forward to an interview invite!!

congrats engin33ring!! gahhhhh, i hope i get the call soon.... i think we were complete around the same time.

Thanks ooitsrich. I do believe we were complete around the same time. although there was delay on my application being complete because of a school mix-up. Maybe they felt bad for me and moved my application along. I never know how these admin committees decide things.

Let me know if you get a call.