Western interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental1987

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My interview is tomorrow, and I was wondering if you have some last minute advice for the interview.
Are the interview question really as "difficult" as the interview feedback page? were they ask about definition of social responsibility and so on?
Or is it more easy going were they ask more questions from your own application and file?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

My interview is tomorrow, and I was wondering if you have some last minute advice for the interview.
Are the interview question really as "difficult" as the interview feedback page? were they ask about definition of social responsibility and so on?
Or is it more easy going were they ask more questions from your own application and file?

I interviewed a few years ago (I'm a D2 at Western), but I figure older advice is better than no advice right? :) From what I have heard about recent interviews, the questions on the interview feedback page are pretty dead on, though they do ask you some things from your file too. They clearly like you on paper for you to get invited for an interview. Now they just want to get to know you in person and make sure you'd be a good fit at the school. It's pretty low key I thought, so just try to relax and be yourself and enjoy the interview. You'll be fine! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there, I interviewed at Western in September (accepted Dec. 1) and it was an awesome environment. Extremely laid back and comfortable people. I didn't get an weird social responsibility questions, it was just the normal stuff, why Western, why Dentistry, a couple questions about your application, etc. Just relax and be yourself. They students and faculty are great and make you feel very comfortable. Good luck tomorrow!

thanks both of u for the advice :):thumbup:
Im really looking forward for tomorrow

I just came back home to NJ last night after my interview at Western on Saturday and I am so sad that I had to leave sunny SoCal and come home to where there are piles of snow everywhere :(

But omgosh the interview day was amazing!! I went in open-minded at first, thought that Pomona was one of the most "interesting" places I had ever seen, but that Western University itself is a beautiful bubble within Pomona. Then I sat for the welcome presentation and I was not feeling the school at all. I was almost sort of second guessing myself and why I flew all the way out here for $500 to visit this school that wasn't really catching my interest. But then after lunch, BAM. A turn of events. We got a tour and a really chill question & answer session with 2 D1s and 1 D2 and that completely changed my mind and made me fall in love with the school! I love that it's such a unique, innovative program that focuses on modern techniques and technology, and really focuses on getting the students into the clinic so early on, service learning, and potentially having 3-4 externships in your fourth year.

I was the very very last person to interview (out of the entire day and I guess the application cycle pending it was the last interview day hehe :p) and it went so well! (from my point of view) The questions were exactly what I expected from the Student Doctor Network interview feedback site, and my interviewers were so nice. I felt so welcomed and relaxed the entire day! (other than some nerves that caught up with me right before my interview :p)

I cannot wait to hear back from the school (hopefully ASAP!) and we'll see what happens after that :)

Welcome to how a lot of us who are here at western found it. I added western later than the other schools and it was my last interview as well. It was amazing how fast western went to the top of my list when I interviewed here last year. Good luck,

Last edited:
I was the very very last person to interview (out of the entire day and I guess the application cycle pending it was the last interview day hehe :p) and it went so well! (from my point of view)

i didn't get this statement. are you saying that when you interviewed was when their last interview day was? so they're completely done with interviews?

i didn't get this statement. are you saying that when you interviewed was when their last interview day was? so they're completely done with interviews?

Yes, thats right....feb 5th was their last day of interview! sorry:(:)

Yes. I mean unless something drastic happens where everyone they accepted rejects the offer and they don't fill up the 70 spots so they need to keep interviewiewing, but yes. It was the final day.