• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

ash375

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I just got my acceptance from Western this morning! I got a personal call from my faculty interviewer:) Anyone else from the Jan interview hear good news?

UCLASHAKER

10+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I just got my acceptance from Western this morning! I got a personal call from my faculty interviewer:) Anyone else from the Jan interview hear good news?

Congrats!! I got a call from my interviewer, Dr. Murray, yesterday. I was so happy to hear back from them. Goodluck everyone.

About the Ads

ilovepharm

:sulindac is super cool:
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Congrats everyoneeeeee!! Does any one know the most updated # of students who have been accepted there? I'm still waiting for an interview. Bah. :D

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
So did anyone get an actual letter? I had work all morning today and I just checked my voicemail.. nada..

This month is shaping up quite badly for me.. :scared:

Congrats to those accepted though! Western seems like a great school.

waterapple

10+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I received my faculty interviewer call this morning too! I am so excited!!!
good luck guys~

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2006
The bottom of a pile of debt.
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I received my faculty interviewer call this morning too! I am so excited!!!
good luck guys~

So it sounds like those that didn't get faculty calls might not expect acceptance right away. I'm assuming they call b/c it's something the school has them do. If I'm wrong, please let me know. I'd really like to be wrong on this one.

happyface68

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy

congratulations ash375! i also have an upcoming interview this month, do you have any tips for me? i kno that western is a really professional, personal school. thankx!!

Swanchick84

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
So it sounds like those that didn't get faculty calls might not expect acceptance right away. I'm assuming they call b/c it's something the school has them do. If I'm wrong, please let me know. I'd really like to be wrong on this one.

I didn't get a call from a faculty member and still got accepted. I think only some of them call. It's not a requirement.

For the rest- just wait for the letter. I'd rather get it in writing anyways.

For those that already got accepted- congratulations! I'm really looking forward to meeting my future classmates. :)

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I checked out the old western thread though for Nov acceptances and it seems like everyone who got accepted got the letter first. They seem to being doing it a bit differently for this month...

I'm really bummed I haven't been called.. but I do agree.. I don't think they could force ALL professors to call the accepted students, but I'd imagine most of them would, thats why I'm thinking my chances are pretty low.. but there is still that off chance that the person I interviewed with just wasn't feeling well today or something... you never know I guess.. hmm waiting waiting

I've been put on hold at UOP yesterday and on Sunday I got my active consideration letter for USC.. agh!

I'm also having regrets about choosing Touro over LLU, man.. this process is really taking its toll on my psyche..

doublehh03

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2005
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
I checked out the old western thread though for Nov acceptances and it seems like everyone who got accepted got the letter first. They seem to being doing it a bit differently for this month...

I'm really bummed I haven't been called.. but I do agree.. I don't think they could force ALL professors to call the accepted students, but I'd imagine most of them would, thats why I'm thinking my chances are pretty low.. but there is still that off chance that the person I interviewed with just wasn't feeling well today or something... you never know I guess.. hmm waiting waiting

I've been put on hold at UOP yesterday and on Sunday I got my active consideration letter for USC.. agh!

I'm also having regrets about choosing Touro over LLU, man.. this process is really taking its toll on my psyche..

what's your stats? seem to be on the borderline of getting in w/ all the waitlisting

About the Ads

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Yeah its driving me crazy! I feel like my interview at Western was very solid and my essay was ok also, I feel so helpless.. I also think my USC interview went well as well..

GPA at the time I submitted in August - 3.45 overall, 3.22 science
GPA after the fall update - 3.48 overall, 3.25 science

doublehh03

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2005
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
Yeah its driving me crazy! I feel like my interview at Western was very solid and my essay was ok also, I feel so helpless.. I also think my USC interview went well as well..

GPA at the time I submitted in August - 3.45 overall, 3.22 science
GPA after the fall update - 3.48 overall, 3.25 science

yea u WILL get into western. your stats are better than theirs and you said ur interview went well. and dont worry, my friend got into that school w/o the phone call.

but USC, your stats are average compared to theirs. but u never know w/ the waitlist.

good luck

but unlike u, i won't hear ANYTHING until late march b/c i applied to only schools that are non-rolling and my USC interview won't be until 3/17 :laugh:

ash375

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Dont worry about not getting a call from your interviewer...I believe only some of the faculty interviewers take the time to make calls but not all. My interviewer happened to also be Chair of Admissions...he said that Western will be sending out acceptance letters within 1-2 days. So you all should hear in a week :)

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
yea u WILL get into western. your stats are better than theirs and you said ur interview went well. and dont worry, my friend got into that school w/o the phone call.

but USC, your stats are average compared to theirs. but u never know w/ the waitlist.

good luck

but unlike u, i won't hear ANYTHING until late march b/c i applied to only schools that are non-rolling and my USC interview won't be until 3/17 :laugh:

I don't know because my friend got into USC and got an interview at UCSF this week and she didn't even get an interview at Western.. I've come to the conclusion that the application process can be very RANDOM at times.. and my stats are very middle of the road and I could swing either way at these schools, and I'm just upset things aren't swinging my way..

I'm just so upset because I really liked Western's program =/

doublehh03

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2005
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
I don't know because my friend got into USC and got an interview at UCSF this week and she didn't even get an interview at Western.. I've come to the conclusion that the application process can be very RANDOM at times.. and my stats are very middle of the road and I could swing either way at these schools, and I'm just upset things aren't swinging my way..

patience, u haven't received the mail yet for western.

i withdrew from western b/c they wouldn't let me take a summer class :thumbdown:

ash375

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
congratulations ash375! i also have an upcoming interview this month, do you have any tips for me? i kno that western is a really professional, personal school. thankx!!

Everyone at Western is open and personable. My interview was basically a 30 min friendly coversation. My advice would be to stay relaxed and confident and let your personality shine through. I think they really just want to get to know the real you and see how yo communicate. Good Luck, Im sure you'll do great!

happyface68

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Everyone at Western is open and personable. My interview was basically a 30 min friendly coversation. My advice would be to stay relaxed and confident and let your personality shine through. I think they really just want to get to know the real you and see how yo communicate. Good Luck, Im sure you'll do great!

Thanks! I hope I'll do better than I did at USC's last interview! Does anyone know what western's known for?? it has a new pharmD program, so it hasn't really established a solid foundation compared to USC :confused:

ilovepharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
The first thing that stands out is their block schedule, and they been having nearly 100% pass rates on the board exam for the past few years.

happyface68

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Actually USC also has a somewhat "block" schedule.....but what is the benefit of having the block schedule?

Catalina

10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)

I'm sorry to hear, I know how you feel. I'm still waiting as well. Hopefully everything will work out in the end and we all end up where we're suppose to be. Meanwhile, try your best to stay sane...this whole process can be very emotionally exhausting because it's something that I (and I'm sure everyone else also) have been working so hard for. Chin up :)

About the Ads

crystalpink

Bunny lover
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2006
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Grats to anyone who got accepted :)

Btw, did u guys get the call from your home phone or cell phone?
And if someone missed their phone call, plus he/she has no voice mailbox on his/her home phone, will they put that student on the waitlist (hold / alternate)? =\

ash375

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Grats to anyone who got accepted :)

Btw, did u guys get the call from your home phone or cell phone?
And if someone missed their phone call, plus he/she has no voice mailbox on his/her home phone, will they put that student on the waitlist (hold / alternate)? =\

cell phone. Not everyone gets phone calls, but they will get an actual letter of acceptance. So missing a call will not affect your acceptance.

OasisDwlr

10+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2006
San Francisco
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student

You haven't received a letter yet, right? So you may have been accepted. I was accepted at Western, and I received my interview invite and acceptance letter 1-2 days after everyone else. I think it's just a matter of when they mail things out. Plus, like someone said before, only certain faculty members call the people they interviewed to congratulate them. Just because you don't get a call, doesn't mean you're not accepted. The letter is what you really want.

Catalina

10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
cell phone. Not everyone gets phone calls, but they will get an actual letter of acceptance. So missing a call will not affect your acceptance.

ash, let us know when you get your acceptance letter. I'll be camping out by my mailbox :p

smallkitty00

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi,

Is it right that whoever get rejected or put on hold already got the letter, and those that do not receive anything (except the email confirmation of complete application) still have some hopes?:confused:

I called them and they told me to wait for 2-4 weeks, I will either get the call for interview or the letter for my status, but 2-4 weeks seems like forever to me right now....:(

Thanks.

Catalina

10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
Hi,

Is it right that whoever get rejected or put on hold already got the letter, and those that do not receive anything (except the email confirmation of complete application) still have some hopes?:confused:

I called them and they told me to wait for 2-4 weeks, I will either get the call for interview or the letter for my status, but 2-4 weeks seems like forever to me right now....:(

Thanks.

hmm, I'm not sure but I dont know if anyone got rejected from western yet...I think they will do that at the end. But for sure, you will get a phone call if you're invited to the interview. Yeah, I called them also and they weren't very helpful about informing me of my status either :( It's more waiting for me I guess. I hope you hear from them soon so good luck!

crystalpink

Bunny lover
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2006
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy

oh ic ^^ I didn't receive any mysterious call on my cell phone in these past days =(
Btw, now I'm so scared to get my mail. Imma ask someone to pick up the mail for me ^^;;;;

About the Ads

pcmanla

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
hello... i just got acceptance... i am so glad that..^^:)
Admission commitee said that they mailed out all letters yesterday.
if you don't get it by next tuesday, you should call her...
And, people who don't get it today.. don't worry.. and be patient..

crystalpink

Bunny lover
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2006
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
didn't get any letter today >.<
I think they reject me because some of you mentioned that the acceptance letters were mailed yesterday. Since I live in SoCal, the letter would have arrived in my mailbox today if I get accepted =(

O well, it's time to move on with my back up plan >__>

pcmanla

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
didn't get any letter today >.<
I think they reject me because some of you mentioned that the acceptance letters were mailed yesterday. Since I live in SoCal, the letter would have arrived in my mailbox today if I get accepted =(

O well, it's time to move on with my back up plan >__>
it is too early for you to say negative things... Western U said all letters-acceptance and rejection sent out same day..

jesterman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Please do not lose hope if you haven't gotten your acceptance letter. I interviewd on January 27th, got a call from my faculty interviewee (not all will personally call) on Tuesday letting me know that I've been accepted. They said that letters had not gone out yet. I still have not received my acceptance letter in the mail (I live in California), so please do not lose hope if you haven't gotten it. I know the wait is tough. Remember, until you get that rejection letter, you are still in the game:) Good luck everyone!

gholdpharmd

10+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
I was at the January interview, and I just got a letter today, stating that my application on "hold," and it will be reviewed again after March interview.

I really really wanted to go to the Western because I love their curriculum a lot. Do I still have a chance?

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I was at the January interview, and I just got a letter today, stating that my application on "hold," and it will be reviewed again after March interview.

I really really wanted to go to the Western because I love their curriculum a lot. Do I still have a chance?

They said during the interview introduction that being placed on hold is not a bad thing and to not freak out if you are placed on hold after your interview.. but I totally understand your dissapointment.. i hate waiting!!

I haven't recieved my letter yet and I'm really anxious about it.

I live in Northern California, hopefully I get the results today so i won't have to agonize about it anymore.

OasisDwlr

10+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2006
San Francisco
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student

I personally think you still have a chance. A lot of people who were accepted at Western are still waiting to hear from other schools (myself included). I think in the next month or so there will be a big boom of acceptances as everyone figures out where they want to go after hearing back from all the schools. You just have to wait it out and see what happens. Don't give up hope!

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I personally think you still have a chance. A lot of people who were accepted at Western are still waiting to hear from other schools (myself included). I think in the next month or so there will be a big boom of acceptances as everyone figures out where they want to go after hearing back from all the schools. You just have to wait it out and see what happens. Don't give up hope!

Yeah I think is important to remember UCSF is usually most people's top choice, and once they start accepting people.. seats in UOP, USC and Western will open up a bit.. and hopefully one of those seats will have my name on it ;)

jesterman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Polar Bear, I live in Northern California and I haven't received my acceptance letter yet (although I did get the call), so don't worry.

waterapple

10+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Polar Bear, I live in Northern California and I haven't received my acceptance letter yet (although I did get the call), so don't worry.

I live in Northern CA and I haven't received my acceptance letter too.

crystalpink

Bunny lover
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2006
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy

You're on the same boat as me. I, finally, got a letter from Western today saying my status is on "hold."
>.<

I have a feeling that's a bad sign because my classmate, who got interviewed at Western last year, got placed on "hold" status, and in the end, she got rejected. =(
Her situation and stats are similar to mine as well.

ilovepharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Awee..don't lose hope yet. Despite your similar stats, I'm sure your interview experiences were different, and the applicant pool changes from year to year as well.

crystalpink

Bunny lover
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2006
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Awee..don't lose hope yet. Despite your similar stats, I'm sure your interview experiences were different, and the applicant pool changes from year to year as well.

Thankies ^__^

Yea, I hope so.

However, I'm still skeptical for "hold" status to get accepted since "hold" status can be turned into "accept," "alternate," or "not-accept."
Yet they also have "alternate" list already. So, I think, if someone decline the acceptance, they will choose people from "alternate" list first. Then, if they run out of people on the "alternate" list, they will start considering people on "hold" status.

It sounds impossible to me that they offer acceptance to people on "hold" status unless there are lots of accepted applicants decline the acceptance offer, plus there are not enough people in the "alternate" list to fill in those empty seats. So, I believe the best thing can happen to people with "hold" status is to be placed in "alternate" list.

That's what I think. I might be wrong, though. ^^;;;

ilovepharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
They started the alternate list already? Shouldn't they wait until all of the interviews are over first?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.