Western January Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thankies ^__^

Yea, I hope so.

However, I'm still skeptical for "hold" status to get accepted since "hold" status can be turned into "accept," "alternate," or "not-accept."
Yet they also have "alternate" list already. So, I think, if someone decline the acceptance, they will choose people from "alternate" list first. Then, if they run out of people on the "alternate" list, they will start considering people on "hold" status.

It sounds impossible to me that they offer acceptance to people on "hold" status unless there are lots of accepted applicants decline the acceptance offer, plus there are not enough people in the "alternate" list to fill in those empty seats. So, I believe the best thing can happen to people with "hold" status is to be placed in "alternate" list.

That's what I think. I might be wrong, though. ^^;;;

They already have an alternate list? Where was that stated, was it in the letter? I haven't read anyone on SDN being placed on that list yet, maybe its a really small list??

Members don't see this ad.

They already have an alternate list? Where was that stated, was it in the letter? I haven't read anyone on SDN being placed on that list yet, maybe its a really small list??

I received my "hold" letter today...bah :(

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I live in So Cal. I could have driven to campus, picked up my letter, and gone home in less than an hour. The worst part is we don't get mail on Saturday b/c I'm in a predominantly SDA community. I'll have to wait to at least Sunday to find out now. If not then, then Tuesday. Stinking holiday's:D .

Umm sorry for the confusion, guys. ^^;;;;
I dunno whether they have alternate list or not right now, but by the time they decide where the "hold" should be put on, they'll already have the alternate list.

I can only hope it's a very small list, and there'll be lots of accepted applicants (acceptees) get accepted at the school, which is their first choice. :D
*crosses fingers*

I really want to get into Western coz it's very close to my house >____>;;
I'm cheapskate <___<;;; LOL

I live in bay area...i got the letter today :)
For people who live in north cal should receive the letter soon!

Do you think everyone can post their status and stats?

I just want to see what they are looking for, numbers-wise.

I'll start:

Stats: 3.45 overall, 3.25 science

Wow, so many ppl got placed on 'hold.'
I'm glad coz I'm not alone =D
I have a feeling that they only have 2 kinds of lists currently, which are "accept" and "hold." :rolleyes:

Okies, I'll post my stats

GPA Overall: 3.87 (including fall 2006 smt)
GPA Science: 4.0 (including fall 2006 smt)
All taken at CC
No Bachelor degree ^^;;;;
International student (F-1 visa student)
No pharmacy experience
TOEFL score: 91 or 93 (I forgot <___<)
No PCAT

I realized that my chance to get accepted to pharmacy school is very very very slim (less than 1%) when I submitted my PharmCAS application last year XD

Overall GPA: 3.75
Science GPA 3.90
BS in Health Science
2 months of Pharm tech experience
Various other EC's

overall gpa: 3.2
science gpa: 3.3
2 years clerk exp
2 years of leadership
1 year of research

everyone over a 3.0 is pretty competitive, it's really about extracurriculars, leadership, and community service... that's my 2 cents. goodluck everyone!

Hold

3.50 Sci/3.58 cum

BS Chem/Biochem by matriculation
No recent EC's
No Pharm exp
Just took PTCE, score avail on Fri 2/23:confused:

staus:accepted
overall GPA:3.97
science GPA:4.0
all prerequisites taken at cc
6month pharmacy experience as a clerk
BS degree(international degree):luck:

Wow, so many ppl got placed on 'hold.'
I'm glad coz I'm not alone =D
I have a feeling that they only have 2 kinds of lists currently, which are "accept" and "hold." :rolleyes:

Okies, I'll post my stats

GPA Overall: 3.87 (including fall 2006 smt)
GPA Science: 4.0 (including fall 2006 smt)
All taken at CC
No Bachelor degree ^^;;;;
International student (F-1 visa student)
No pharmacy experience
TOEFL score: 91 or 93 (I forgot <___<)
No PCAT

I realized that my chance to get accepted to pharmacy school is very very very slim (less than 1%) when I submitted my PharmCAS application last year XD
hello, crystal pink.. you are unique, intelligent and hard working person.. don't lose hope.. i 've been western U two times.. i met several current students who don't have BS degree and i also heard there're international students...
Good luck!!!!

overall gpa: 3.2
science gpa: 3.3
2 years clerk exp
2 years of leadership
1 year of research

everyone over a 3.0 is pretty competitive, it's really about extracurriculars, leadership, and community service... that's my 2 cents. goodluck everyone!

do you have a degree? from where and what major?

hello, crystal pink.. you are unique, intelligent and hard working person.. don't lose hope.. i 've been western U two times.. i met several current students who don't have BS degree and i also heard there're international students...
Good luck!!!!

thankies :love:

I read in a previous thread they accept more people eventually as people go to other programs, so those on the HOLD status still have a chance.

Do you think that they give preference to people who applied and interviewed earlier when considering people on HOLD and then accepting them or placing them on a waitlist or does everyone just then get put into one giant list?

I read in a previous thread they accept more people eventually as people go to other programs, so those on the HOLD status still have a chance.

Do you think that they give preference to people who applied and interviewed earlier when considering people on HOLD and then accepting them or placing them on a waitlist or does everyone just then get put into one giant list?

I'm not sure about this. When I interviewed, someone asked how the admissions committee makes the decisions. I guess they score everyone out of 100 points. I would assume that those on HOLD and waitlisted would retain this score and then be ranked accordingly. So it might not matter if you interviewed earlier and were placed on HOLD. This is just a guess though. If you really want to know, call them.

there isn't an alt list, yet. i'm from the dec 2nd interview and was also placed on hold. our applications (the dec 2nd) will be review next week; this is when they'll start the alt list.

I interviewed today and also confused with the alt list. Western U web site said they will create the alt list after all the interviews are done. I asked them and they assured me that they already have a small alt list. Did you hear anything from them since last week?

Last edited: