Western Stats

ohohitsmagic08

Full Member
Jul 14, 2009
163
0
  1. Pre-Dental
    Dont quote me on this.. but I heard that hardly anyone really knew about the school so very few people applied.. thus leading to lower qualified students being accepted

    I really dont think that they can already be that competitive of a school to get into. I saw your statistics on your other thread, and I think you definitely could get an interview.

    Once again, however, dont quote me on this because I really do not know for sure.
     
    About the Ads

    peerless218

    Full Member
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    May 20, 2008
    1,037
    2
    San Francisco
    www.facebook.com
    1. Dental Student
      4-digit amount of ppl applied, I think. I had similar stats, slightly better without postbacc and I didn't get an interview.:)

      I had an interview there last year and they said they got around 2100 applicants and they interviewed around close to 400 students. I forgot the GPA average but the DAT average was like 18.4???I think....
       

      peerless218

      Full Member
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      May 20, 2008
      1,037
      2
      San Francisco
      www.facebook.com
      1. Dental Student
        @peerless218

        Could you tell us a little bit about your experience at the interview?

        My interview experience at Western..

        After my interview session, I took a tour of the campus and ate lunch with couple medical students. There really wasn't anything to see when I had my interview because you know...nothing is actaully completed for the school of dentistry. The the tour was pretty quick. After lunch we had the financial aid session and the closing words by again, Dean Trumbly and that's all!!! Hope this helps
         
        Last edited:

        doc toothache

        Full Member
        15+ Year Member
        Jan 17, 2006
        8,407
        2,672
        1. Dentist
          Why not wait to write the post mortem on Western until the official numbers are in? Midwestern was in a similar situation last year and managed to attract roughly 2k applicants. The 111 enrollees had respectable stats.
           

          Barack

          New Member
          Jul 26, 2009
          1
          0
          1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
            Charter Class Profile

            The College received 2,310 applications from the national application service for its inaugural class. Among the applicants, there were 1,116 (48.1%) from California and 1,194 (51.9%) from out-of-state; 1,336 (49.2%) male and 974 (50.8%) female; 14 American Indian/Alaskan Native; 49 Black Non-Hispanic; and 105 Hispanic applicants.

            To date, the Class of 2013 has 76 members (45 males/31 females), and 72% are California residents. The remaining 28% are residents of 16 different states. The average age of the students is 25. The average overall GPA is 3.35, and the average science GPA is 3.28. Dental Admissions Test Academic Average is 18.3; Perceptual Ability is 19.07 and the Total Science Average is 18.9.

            http://www.westernu.edu/xp/edu/alumni/alumni-newsletter.xml
             

            ykw123456

            Membership Revoked
            Removed
            10+ Year Member
            Dec 6, 2008
            10
            0
              Hello, peerless218,

              I just checked your predents, and saw your acceptance at western last year.

              are you reapplying this year ?

              Did you have your postbac courses done last year?

              I am applied western this year and I have similar stat so just want to know.
               
              About the Ads
              This thread is more than 12 years old.

              Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

              1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.