Western Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

palmtree99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the first class hasn't actually been seated yet, but does anyone know what the stats for the entering class are for Western?

Members don't see this ad.

Dont quote me on this.. but I heard that hardly anyone really knew about the school so very few people applied.. thus leading to lower qualified students being accepted

I really dont think that they can already be that competitive of a school to get into. I saw your statistics on your other thread, and I think you definitely could get an interview.

Once again, however, dont quote me on this because I really do not know for sure.

I'm wondering how many people apply last year? I'd be surprised if there were less than a 4 digit number.

Members don't see this ad :)
4-digit amount of ppl applied, I think. I had similar stats, slightly better without postbacc and I didn't get an interview.:)

4-digit amount of ppl applied, I think. I had similar stats, slightly better without postbacc and I didn't get an interview.:)

I had an interview there last year and they said they got around 2100 applicants and they interviewed around close to 400 students. I forgot the GPA average but the DAT average was like 18.4???I think....

I had an interview there last year and they said they got around 2100 applicants and they interviewed around close to 400 students. I forgot the GPA average but the DAT average was like 18.4???I think....
When will Western U start the interview process?

@peerless218

Could you tell us a little bit about your experience at the interview?

Their website says that the first class had an average gpa of 3.2 or 3.3....

I'd say that isn't too low, but their DAT average is a bit low.

@peerless218

Could you tell us a little bit about your experience at the interview?

My interview experience at Western..

After my interview session, I took a tour of the campus and ate lunch with couple medical students. There really wasn't anything to see when I had my interview because you know...nothing is actaully completed for the school of dentistry. The the tour was pretty quick. After lunch we had the financial aid session and the closing words by again, Dean Trumbly and that's all!!! Hope this helps

Last edited:
That was very helpful! Tell me more if you remember anything else.

Why not wait to write the post mortem on Western until the official numbers are in? Midwestern was in a similar situation last year and managed to attract roughly 2k applicants. The 111 enrollees had respectable stats.

Charter Class Profile

The College received 2,310 applications from the national application service for its inaugural class. Among the applicants, there were 1,116 (48.1%) from California and 1,194 (51.9%) from out-of-state; 1,336 (49.2%) male and 974 (50.8%) female; 14 American Indian/Alaskan Native; 49 Black Non-Hispanic; and 105 Hispanic applicants.

To date, the Class of 2013 has 76 members (45 males/31 females), and 72% are California residents. The remaining 28% are residents of 16 different states. The average age of the students is 25. The average overall GPA is 3.35, and the average science GPA is 3.28. Dental Admissions Test Academic Average is 18.3; Perceptual Ability is 19.07 and the Total Science Average is 18.9.

http://www.westernu.edu/xp/edu/alumni/alumni-newsletter.xml

Thanks for the info. I called them up few days ago and they wouldn't tell me the stats.

Hello, peerless218,

I just checked your predents, and saw your acceptance at western last year.

are you reapplying this year ?

Did you have your postbac courses done last year?

I am applied western this year and I have similar stat so just want to know.