Western U MSMS 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an interview!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
received an interview invite as well! complete early November.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do those of you who received interview invites have anything listed under the "Decision" row in your application summary?

Congrats to those that got interviews!
I'm still taking psychology for the behavioral science requirement...I hope that doesn't affect me too much.

Hey guys!

Current MSMS here (pre-DO) - more than happy to answer any DO-specific questions. =) For any general questions though, Jaycee's information is spot on.

Sit tight if you're anxious about interviews and such - they're working as fast as they can!!

Hi LiveLaughLove, once you start the MSMS program do you know when you apply for the linkage? I ask because I took my MCAT in Oct. of 2014 and I'm worried it will be expired before applying for the linkage. (assuming you need to have taken it within 2 years)

Hi LiveLaughLove, once you start the MSMS program do you know when you apply for the linkage? I ask because I took my MCAT in Oct. of 2014 and I'm worried it will be expired before applying for the linkage. (assuming you need to have taken it within 2 years)

Hey Gaucho22!

Our class was the first to get a different procedure - they talk to you early on in the program about the "application" for linkage (which was really just the regular app for COMP that gets pulled out of the open pool applications). As long as your MCAT does not expire before your first day of med school, you should be fine. HOWEVER, call the admissions office and double check. It doesn't hurt to ask. =)

I know a few classmates are re-taking their tests because they did expire and it did not preclude them from linkage. =)

Hope this helps!!

Hey I got a question: let say you came in wanting to be a DO but then you decide later in the course that you want to be a PA due to whatever reason, how accommodating is the MSMS program and faculty members in helping with the transition? Would I still need to fulfill the PA requirements for Western PA program, and do I need to take the GRE even though I took the MCAT?

I got an interview today! Super excited.
Completed early November and contacted via email.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They do offer grade replacement. There is a separate sheet for you to fill out with the retakes. Were you able to land an interview? What are your top pb's/which are suppose to be good? A friend of mine applied to this one on the last day and has yet to hear anything. I told them to just do a bunch of grade replacement, but an auto interview with a 90%+ acceptance rate at some doesn't seem like such a bad back door.

Thank you for replying. I interviewed on Feb 20th. Personally, my first choice is Western then followed by Touro. Hope those school show me some love, if not hopefully I'll get an interview invite from LECOM or NOVA.

Last edited:
Anyone heard back from the Feb 20th interview good or bad yet?

I sent in my application late January, interviewed on February 20th, and got my acceptance letter via email last Wednesday, March 2nd.

P.S. I'm pre-dental.

Is it possible to get WL'd or are you just accepted/denied?

Has everyone heard back from the admissions committee as to whether or not they received an interview? If you haven't heard back does that mean you weren't granted an interview?

Has everyone heard back from the admissions committee as to whether or not they received an interview? If you haven't heard back does that mean you weren't granted an interview?

I was contacted via email regarding interview invite. If you haven't received anything, hang in there - there is still a week until the next interview day!

Thanks for your reply :) Do you know if that is the last interview day or not?

Thanks for your reply :) Do you know if that is the last interview day or not?

No problem :)
The email did say March 19th could be the last interview date but my guess is they could open up more if it's warranted.

Thanks so much :) Good luck on your interview! I hope you get in!

:( got put on hold an hour ago, thought my interview went okay.. keeping my fingers crossed!

Thank you for replying. I interviewed on Feb 20th. Personally, my first choice is Western then followed by Touro. Hope those school show me some love, if not hopefully I'll get an interview invite from LECOM or NOVA.
Anyone heard back from the Feb 20th interview good or bad yet?

Did you guys hear back yet?

Did you guys hear back yet?

Was also notified yesterday and placed on hold. Based off past trends, we likely won't hear anything until early May.

Complete in late November, haven't gotten an interview invite, been rejected, or been placed on pre interview hold. does anyone know at what point we will know if we've been rejected or not? I need to make a decision on another acceptance but I cant until I know what doing on with western!

Complete in late November, haven't gotten an interview invite, been rejected, or been placed on pre interview hold. does anyone know at what point we will know if we've been rejected or not? I need to make a decision on another acceptance but I cant until I know what doing on with western!

Have you called them? I'd call your counselor to check to see if you're missing anything. I heard there's another interview next week I think, but I'm not sure if that's the last one or not :x

Have you called them? I'd call your counselor to check to see if you're missing anything. I heard there's another interview next week I think, but I'm not sure if that's the last one or not :x

I've checked so many times and each time they reassure me that I'm not missing anything and my application is under review. It's so hard to just sit here and wait!

I sent in my application late January, interviewed on February 20th, and got my acceptance letter via email last Wednesday, March 2nd.

P.S. I'm pre-dental.

Congrats on your acceptance @chubbybunz! I'm interviewing on Saturday and am incredibly nervous. Any interview tips?

Congrats on your acceptance @chubbybunz! I'm interviewing on Saturday and am incredibly nervous. Any interview tips?

To prepare, I practiced general interview questions beforehand.

- Be comfortable talking about your work and extracurricular activities.
- Be familiar with what the program is and what it has to offer.
- Most importantly, be yourself and show your personality!

Good luck! :)

To prepare, I practiced general interview questions beforehand.

- Be comfortable talking about your work and extracurricular activities.
- Be familiar with what the program is and what it has to offer.
- Most importantly, be yourself and show your personality!

Good luck! :)

Thank you so much!! That's pretty much what I have been doing, so I just need to build some confidence. Thanks again for the advice! Hope we get to be classmates :)

Interviewed on the 19th as well. I am super nervous to hear back, I really liked the small campus and the facilities seem great!

I interviewed on Saturday and it was the worse experience in my life. I felt so discriminated and put down :(
The program is amazing and specific with what I need. I'm still hoping I may get in because it's my dream school but with how the interview went i shouldn't really be considering it.

I interviewed on Saturday and it was the worse experience in my life. I felt so discriminated and put down :(
The program is amazing and specific with what I need. I'm still hoping I may get in because it's my dream school but with how the interview went i shouldn't really be considering it.
Man I really understand you! I had a tough interviewer and left the room defeated. But you have to have some kind of hope! Thats the only thing that semi curbs my anxiety at least *shrugs*

Can anyone who went to the interview last weekend tell me what they told you guys about the linkage and how it'd work?

Just got accepted! beyond stoked right now.

Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED!! Could not be more excited! I interviewed 3/19/16 and received the acceptance phone call today around 2pm. Still waiting for the confirmation email before I let myself get too excited! :xf:

Reactions: 4 users
Can anyone who went to the interview last weekend tell me what they told you guys about the linkage and how it'd work?
The linkage is based on your performance, it is not 100%. They said that we would still have to apply and as long as we meet the required MCAT and GPA in the program that the chances are good. There are 20 DO students and the rest are dental or pod, ect.. there is a set amount of slots they "save" for the MSMS students so its like we are not in the open pool

Congrats to everyone that got accepted! The wait is killing me...

Congrats to those who found out today!!!! Hopefully the rest of us gets good news soon!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Made an account just so I could join in on this thread. App submitted in completion I think 1/28, interviewed 3/19, and called this afternoon with an acceptance. Marcos called and I was taken by surprise, (I was napping, so I hope I didn't sound too incoherent) and informed me that an official email and physical letter would be coming soon.

Super stoked, considering that I thought I completely bombed my interview.

Best of luck to those still waiting, and if there is another interview date coming up, best of luck to you guys as well!

Reactions: 2 users
Made an account just so I could join in on this thread. App submitted in completion I think 1/28, interviewed 3/19, and called this afternoon with an acceptance. Marcos called and I was taken by surprise, (I was napping, so I hope I didn't sound too incoherent) and informed me that an official email and physical letter would be coming soon.

Super stoked, considering that I thought I completely bombed my interview.

Best of luck to those still waiting, and if there is another interview date coming up, best of luck to you guys as well!
I was sleeping too!!!!! Hahahaha I saw that number and freaked out!

I was sleeping too!!!!! Hahahaha I saw that number and freaked out!
Yeah! I got the call at like 2, and I'm generally a very grumpy person when awakened from my sleep, but when I saw the number and location, I was like, "Oh shoot, better shape up!". Then Marcos opened up with, "So the admissions committee has made some decisions after reviewing a few applicants...." and he just kind of trailed off. I swear I almost had a heart attack. But good news is, we're in! We get one month or so to veg out before bone boot camp!