Western U MSMS 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to those who received a call yesterday!

Been lurking here awhile, but I do have to say, I am pretty surprised you guys are asleep in the middle of a weekday. I am considering applying next year, and my day and nights are either consumed with working part-time, assisting in research or volunteering. I am starting to reconsidering this program if these are the kind of individuals that Western University is accepting. I would have thought the majority of people applying to this program would be in the same boat as me - doing something productive with their free time.

Hope you guys don't miss the naps come May.

Members don't see this ad.

Been lurking here awhile, but I do have to say, I am pretty surprised you guys are asleep in the middle of a weekday. I am considering applying next year, and my day and nights are either consumed with working part-time, assisting in research or volunteering. I am starting to reconsidering this program if these are the kind of individuals that Western University is accepting. I would have thought the majority of people applying to this program would be in the same boat as me - doing something productive with their free time.

It's possible to do things and still nap, not that I have to explain myself to you but time management is essential and since the mind is a powerful tool to keep refreshed, a nap is something I enjoy while keeping to my own personal schedule. Apply or not but when you do I would have already been accepted to the DO program and be a happy napper with my MSMS! *side note, I too volunteer and work in a clinical lab so keeps your judgements to yourself buddy

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Man, talk about a negative Nancy after such good news! Interesting that when 2 people say they are napping during the day you make an assumption about the entire incoming class. Seems like a pretty small sample size to me, but what do I know. Good luck with applying wherever you apply.
PS: I work full time so I was at work and had to step out when I received the call... but I mean, who doesn't love a good nap!:laugh:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Hmm, considering the fact that I had just gotten off an 11pm-9am shift in the ER the night before, I think my sleeping into the day was warranted. Making judgments about people without knowing a single thing about them is a shame.

Obviously my interview, extracurriculars, volunteer experience, letter of recs, grades, and MCAT score impressed the admissions committee. I am in, and you have no idea about my work ethic or my capabilities.

If you are looking into health care as a profession, I urge you to reconsider your judgemental ways. If you're going to judge a person for napping, I can't imagine how much you'll judge a patient for their lifestyle choices. Best of luck with wherever you apply.

Any pre-dentals hear back from Western? Good or bad...?

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I just got an acceptance email today :) If anyone starts up a Facebook group or anything, please keep me in the loop. Good luck to those who are still interviewing/waiting to hear back; I'm sending good vibes your way!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone that got accepted! I got the call last week and the e-mail today! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

I got rejected and I can't stop crying.

You have no idea how bad I wanted to be in this program because it was an opportunity for me who has practically nothing and don't have connections or know anything about this whole medical school process.
I'm hungry for this and this sucks. It sucks that the interview was not a fair one with how it was focusing on a single thing that's not relevant to the school.
I don't even know what are my options now with what to do

Congrats to everyone who got in and I hope you guys value that seat because I wanted that seat, and I know that if I was there I would have squeezed every single ****ing drop out the program.

I got rejected and I can't stop crying.

You have no idea how bad I wanted to be in this program because it was an opportunity for me who has practically nothing and don't have connections or know anything about this whole medical school process.
I'm hungry for this and this sucks. It sucks that the interview was not a fair one with how it was focusing on a single thing that's not relevant to the school.
I don't even know what are my options now with what to do

Congrats to everyone who got in and I hope you guys value that seat because I wanted that seat, and I know that if I was there I would have squeezed every single ****ing drop out the program.

Bro I applied to this program two years ago and was rejected. I spent the next two years taking more classes, doing more volunteer work and extracurricular activities, and even had to go through the DATs three times. I did absolutely everything I could to show the admissions committee that I wanted THIS. And I can assure you that everyone wanted a seat just as badly as you did and has worked just as hard, if not harder, to get an acceptance.

If you want to be a doctor badly enough, you will find a way. But crying isn't going to get you anywhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else still waiting to hear? I was put on hold after the Feb interview and got an email update two weeks ago and still haven't heard any news. I guess no news is good news? Feeling like they forgot about me. Anyone else still waiting for a decision?

I wish those that are hearing back the best of luck! There were a lot of great people at the interview and it's unfortunate that they can't take us all.

I also wanted to know if anybody is looking for a roommate. There aren't that many app on the banweb page and it has me worried! I'd personally like to take care of everything as early as possible.

I wish those that are hearing back the best of luck! There were a lot of great people at the interview and it's unfortunate that they can't take us all.

I also wanted to know if anybody is looking for a roommate. There aren't that many app on the banweb page and it has me worried! I'd personally like to take care of everything as early as possible.

How did u access the banweb page? I have my student ID but not a pin. I found my roommate via craigslist, I live on the East Coast so I have been scouting for a month or so and signed my lease last week. Good luck on the room search it is a PAIN! But roommates.com and craigslist seem to have decently priced listings in the surrounding area, I refuse to live in Pomona lol

Members don't see this ad :)
How did u access the banweb page? I have my student ID but not a pin. I found my roommate via craigslist, I live on the East Coast so I have been scouting for a month or so and signed my lease last week. Good luck on the room search it is a PAIN! But roommates.com and craigslist seem to have decently priced listings in the surrounding area, I refuse to live in Pomona lol

I called technical support and they told me to log into my you.westernu.edu account with my westernU ID. Then I said I didn't have one so they sent me to another person who told me my account.

The place I'm looking at is a gated area on the outskirts of pomona!

I called technical support and they told me to log into my you.westernu.edu account with my westernU ID. Then I said I didn't have one so they sent me to another person who told me my account.

The place I'm looking at is a gated area on the outskirts of pomona!

I figured it out! I don't know how I missed the Banweb tab from the portal smh, I kept trying to log in from the home page...
I hope you find a place you like!! See you in 2 months >.<

I figured it out! I don't know how I missed the Banweb tab from the portal smh, I kept trying to log in from the home page...
I hope you find a place you like!! See you in 2 months >.<

For sure! Oh yeah, I have trouble logging into my banweb like that directly.

Does anyone know if there are interviews still being conducted?

Does anyone know if there are interviews still being conducted?
I cant say for sure but the 3/19 interview invites said that date might be the last interviews to be held this year. Considering that classes start next month I do not think they would hold another group just because it would be unfair for you guys to gather the proper paperwork on time. It is possible that they will push back the calendar because Marcos(the director) stated that the May dates are not set in stone. Im sorry I cannot be more helpful

Has anyone else been waitlisted, and if so when were you notified? I'm starting to get worried because May 30th is around the corner and admissions may have already made their final choices :(

Has anyone else been waitlisted, and if so when were you notified? I'm starting to get worried because May 30th is around the corner and admissions may have already made their final choices :(

Have you heard anything at all regarding your status? Or have you basically been in limbo since your interview?

Have you heard anything at all regarding your status? Or have you basically been in limbo since your interview?
Hi AH1050, I was told that I was put on hold and am still being considered after my interview.

Any advise on this or how to get off a wait list? Any advise is appreciated !

Yeah. I received the same information and I am still waiting. Hope to hear some good news soon!

Hi AH1050, I was told that I was put on hold and am still being considered after my interview.

Any advise on this or how to get off a wait list? Any advise is appreciated !

I was originally put on post interview hold as well, so don't give up hope! I eventually called them to see what was going on with my status and what more I could do to show my passion for the program. I submitted a letter of intent, updated resume/new experience since my orginal app, and got an additional letter of Rec sent to the program.

Be persistent, and let them know how badly you want it. Wish you the best.

I had a quick question! On the website where it says that the minimum science pre-requisite gpa is a 2.75 do they literally mean a 2.75 in just like ochem gen chem physics and gen bio? Or do upper division science courses count? Planning on applying to this program next year!

I had a quick question! On the website where it says that the minimum science pre-requisite gpa is a 2.75 do they literally mean a 2.75 in just like ochem gen chem physics and gen bio? Or do upper division science courses count? Planning on applying to this program next year!

I believe all science courses count.

It is only the per-requisite courses, so you're right; only ochem, gen chem, physics, and gen bio. Other science courses don't count towards this requirement.

Has anyone from the "hold" list received an acceptance or a rejection? I've been on hold forever...

is there a Facebook page up? if not someone should make one already, not only for early networking amongst each other but also because I would like to list my current living situation as I will be leaving in time for when you guys start ISAC. trust me that my living situation is an awesome deal.

is there a Facebook page up? if not someone should make one already, not only for early networking amongst each other but also because I would like to list my current living situation as I will be leaving in time for when you guys start ISAC. trust me that my living situation is an awesome deal.

It's in the works!!!

If you'd like to help message me. I started a convo.

Hey guys! I really like this program, however, I recently got into a DO School. So, I declined my acceptance and gave up my spot. Hopefully, one of you guys on hold will receive an acceptance e-mail soon!!! Best of Luck!!!

Hey guys! I really like this program, however, I recently got into a DO School. So, I declined my acceptance and gave up my spot. Hopefully, one of you guys on hold will receive an acceptance e-mail soon!!! Best of Luck!!!
Thank you so much for letting them know because I just got accepted from the hold list this morning! Good luck in DO School :)

Reactions: 4 users
Just a heads up for those registering, there is a problem with the insurance portion of registration so you may have to call in order to get the hold taken off. I only mention it because if you go through the waving process and have to submit a form you may have a similar line of thinking I did and believe the hold is due to them processing your form. It is not a processing issue, it is a systems issue. Just thought I'd throw that out there, don't want to have to pay those late registration fees!

And don't forget that you'll be registering with the place holder course number !

I got my holds cleared and I just realized it now!

I doubt anyone will respond to this, but I've heard about this place having unofficial linkage? Like most of the DO applicants get into COMP if their grades are decent.

I doubt anyone will respond to this, but I've heard about this place having unofficial linkage? Like most of the DO applicants get into COMP if their grades are decent.

Please check out the updated thread for next year's class. There is a lot of information there.