Western U supplemental. Leave it blank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicole2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm working on Western U supplemental and one of the questions asks:

If you have any additional information you would like the Admissions and Selection Committee to consider or aspects of your application which you think may seem confusing or incomplete as they are stated elsewhere, you can upload a document here.

You may also use this as an opportunity to explain factors such as:

· factors that may have had a negative effect on some aspect of your academic performance,

· experience in dentistry,

· extracurricular/volunteerism/community service, and

· why you are applying to the Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine specifically.

I already wrote coupe paragraphs on why I want to attend Western U and explanation for my grade.
But, my friend told me that unless you have specific reasons (family close by who is sick, specific research interest with a specific faculty) then don't write about generalized reasons about why you want to attend there.
Should I just put a paragraph with explanation of my grade and delete the paragraphs with generalized reasons why I want to attend there?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I used it to write a little bit about what drew me to their school and what I felt I could contribute to their school (like my personality, experiences, etc). I received an interview there and was accepted Dec. 1

Reactions: 1 user
I used it to explain a dental experience that was hard to put into 600 characters that I thought was important for them to consider, some grade issues stuff. I also had a paragraph about why Western. I don't think it will hurt your application to tell them why you want to go to their school even if it is somewhat general.