Western U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was approved instantly for the grad-plus loan. I went with EFSI...it seemed to have the lowest interest rate right off the bat. If you think about it you will probably consolidate when you graduate...then you loose these benefits and get new ones from the consolidation company. So I would rather start with the lowest rate to begin with.

that's exactly why i was debating between EFSI and chase...but i also thought...what if for some reason i don't end up consolidating. anyway, i called the financial aid office today and got everything sorted out with my pending status. for some reason the lender needs identity verification to check my credit so that's what they're waiting on. thank goodness! :D i thought i wasn't approved right off the bat.

maybe i'll change to EFSI...the financial aid office said it's not too late for me to switch. hmmmm....

thanks for the response!:)

Members don't see this ad.

[Hello,

I guessed you got admitted to Western. I am planning to apply for next year. My only problem is the interview since my GPA is promising. The interview part scare me the most because I have lived in the US for a few years. I will not have any advantage during interview compared to those who was born here and have lived here for a long time.

Do you know how can someone reduce stress during interview?

Thanks

i think no matter how much you prepare you'll still be nervous...or at least i was! i would just suggest practicing...do a lot of mock interviews! it's always different when you practice out loud...especially with someone else asking you the questions. i use to practice outloud as i drove around by myself. i may have looked crazy...but hey...whatever works for you right??? :D

have you read the interview feedback section? that's a great place to start! good luck.

I know this has nothing to do with this thread, but I was wondering if it was true that reapplicants will need to submit only one letter of rec if they applied last cycle?

did you ever confirm this? last year when i applied i think i read it in the supplemental app. but now that i am a reapplicant i am having a difficult time finding info for reapplicants...

Members don't see this ad :)
did you ever confirm this? last year when i applied i think i read it in the supplemental app. but now that i am a reapplicant i am having a difficult time finding info for reapplicants...

haha...maybe I should start a new thread... but like you I believe I read this also somewhere, but I can't find information for reapplicants as well.

The first 15K payment for tuition is required on August 3, 2007. Is the financial aid application process very time consuming? Once approved do you receive one check for the annual tuition fees or is it broken down by semester. :confused:

OMG! I Just recieved an email saying that i got accepted into western!!! I had to call them just to make sure this was for reals!! THIS IS GREAT! :biglove:Now i can be closer to home!!!!

OMG! I Just recieved an email saying that i got accepted into western!!! I had to call them just to make sure this was for reals!! THIS IS GREAT! :biglove:Now i can be closer to home!!!!

Congratulations!! See you in the Fall.

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your STATS? I am in the middle of applying for next year! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I know for sure that my overall gpa is 3.20

My science GPA was around... 2.9 <-- But that's w. pharmcas averaging all of good and bad grades.

did you have any withdrawals?

Congrats! way to go..........you have crossed the barrier. :)

Super congrats!! It's nice to see someone move in from the waitlist--dont lose hope yet you guys...:D:D:D

Nope. no Withdrawals:) but i had a couple of D's in physics which i made up by retaking the courses but western doesn't require physics.

i think no matter how much you prepare you'll still be nervous...or at least i was! i would just suggest practicing...do a lot of mock interviews! it's always different when you practice out loud...especially with someone else asking you the questions. i use to practice outloud as i drove around by myself. i may have looked crazy...but hey...whatever works for you right??? :D

have you read the interview feedback section? that's a great place to start! good luck.
Hi sunnySD,
Thank you for your advice. I have already visited the interview feedback section. There are many questions that I do not know how to answer. It is my first time to apply; therefore, it is kind of hard for me to know what is going on at the interview.

How do you like about Western U.?

anyone who applied grad plus loan got certification from western U after pre-approved?
my lender said he's still waiting school certification to complete process..

For those of you who are working on supplemental application for Western, the font is too small and I can't change it. I am trying to type it in the same form and when I print it , it is too small to read. Can I rewrite the questions on another page?! Thanks

My pharmcas GPA was only a 3.11, but Western recalculates it with courses you have retaken so I think it went up to a 3.3. I have worked as a pharmacy tech at CVS for almost a year. If you have a decent GPA you will probably get an interview. The interview and essay ends up being almost 40% of your admission in the end. So you have to be really good on your interview day.

I'm curious about your post...i know it's a common question.

but when you say that western recalculates it...what do you mean? i was under the understanding that western wasn't one of the schools that does grade replacement/forgiveness? :)

I'm curious about your post...i know it's a common question.

but when you say that western recalculates it...what do you mean? i was under the understanding that western wasn't one of the schools that does grade replacement/forgiveness? :)

They do some sort of recalculation with classes you have retaken. I think they throw out the bad grade and only use the higher grade for the calculation. That makes it higher than pharmcas because they take into account all grades, even if the course was re-taken. Don't take my word on how but I do know they calculate it differently.:)

superbug... what kind of questions do you have? anything specifically?

Hi sunnySD,
Thank you for your advice. I have already visited the interview feedback section. There are many questions that I do not know how to answer. It is my first time to apply; therefore, it is kind of hard for me to know what is going on at the interview.

How do you like about Western U.?

Can anyone tell me how long the financial aid process took? I just got accepted to the Western yesterday. Sent them my deposit to hold place in class today but I am worried about paying for the tuition. I don't know how to check my wester U e-mail becasue they haven't given me a user name or password. I doubt they would have sent me any finanical aid info yet anyway. I have the whole weekend to bite my nails until I can call them on Monday and ask some questions. btw Did you guys already register for clasess? I am glad I got in but there is so much to do and worry about this late in the game.

suckawacka do you know people who got accepted this late last year and how it worked out for them? Can I even use my credit card to pay for tuition or do they require a check?

does anyone know how rolling admissions works for western?
my professor is "very busy" and is "out of town" until august 20th...so she can't do the supplemental LOR until then

does western have tier intervals like UOP?

does anyone know how rolling admissions works for western?
my professor is "very busy" and is "out of town" until august 20th...so she can't do the supplemental LOR until then

does western have tier intervals like UOP?

western doesn't have a rolling admissions system, so you're ok. you should still apply relatively early to ensure they have all the proper documents needed though.

I thought that Western has a rolling admission. Correct me if I am wrong.

Hey guys, I got accepted to USC school of Pharmacy so I will be giving up my spot at Western. Will call them on Monday. So there is still hope guys!​

Hey guys, I got accepted to USC school of Pharmacy so I will be giving up my spot at Western. Will call them on Monday. So there is still hope guys!​

great job redrose. i remembered we talk during the UCSF decision. i'm glad u don't have to go through this another year.

congratulations.

wild ride huh?

Good Job Rose. I'm so happy for you. The wait is definitely worthwhile!!!

Congrats Rose!! Too bad we wont get to see you at WesternU.

I remember speaking to someone on the phone about this. Western doesnt have official rolling dates or anything... but when they feel that they are receiving alot of applications at a certain time, they will start reviewing them earlier to relieve the workload later on....so you should still try to send them in EARLY. I THINK the only schools in Cali that dont start reviewing before deadline dates are the UCs.

For the fin aid loans, did you check on banweb to see if your GradPLUS loans have been "accepted?" After I got preapproved with Chase, it changed from "offered" to "accepted" within a day or two. I'm assuming this means they wouldve sent the certification to the lender?

Wow, congratulations. I wish I'm in your shoes. I need to reapply. Wish me luck...:)

Yeah I told you to wait. Now you've got a more desired one!:):thumbup:

For those of you who are working on supplemental application for Western, the font is too small and I can't change it. I am trying to type it in the same form and when I print it , it is too small to read. Can I rewrite the questions on another page?! Thanks
Do you call WesternU yet? i have the same problem too. it is font 8. Can those people who accepted to WesternU help me? Should i transfer their questions to font 12 and retype in word document or use their font 8 pdf forms.
thank you

I dont remember what font it was last year, but it WAS really small. I just did it in that font size but I think I ended up writing too much bc I felt I needed to fill up the entire space. :p