Western University Dental Supplemental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joker937

UCLA SOD 2021
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am currently working on my supplemental for this school, and I am coming up with why I would like to go to this school. I used the website, but I was wondering if any Western students would mind sharing why they love Western! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I am currently working on my supplemental for this school, and I am coming up with why I would like to go to this school. I used the website, but I was wondering if any Western students would mind sharing why they love Western! Thank you!

Have you visit the school?

EDIT:
I visited the school for Preview day four days ago.
I honestly only been to USC dental school and Pomona dental schools so I do not know how the school layout is like at other places.

WesternU purchased a stripmall and turned it into an area for professional school. Within that area, there are pharm, DO, Vet, Dental, Nursing, etc... The outside does not look very nice, in my opinion, but the inside is decent. Their common area is very small (where they have microwave, sink, ping pong tables, dining tables), probably has a capacity of 150-200ppl.
I did not interact with the students who are their, so can't say much about it.

Last edited:
Hey! Don't know if you're still looking for advice. I had the opportunity to interview there last year and I can give you a couple tips/observations.

The one thing I noticed was their emphasis on teamwork. They're all about it from within the dental school to across the other health science professions. They do something there (I can't remember the exact name, I think it's called an interdisciplinary study) where students work on a case study with students from the other schools on campus (vet students, med students etc) to help people learn to look at cases from a multi-disciplinary approach. Pretty neat.

They're also a newer school which means you'd get experience working with cutting edge dental technology. And I believe their second year students get some experience in the clinic with patients.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
One of the questions on the app is "Have you ever attended a formal post baccalaureate program?"

I'm starting one in September so do I list it or say no because I technically haven't attended?

Last edited:
One of the questions on the app is "Have you ever attended a formal post baccalaureate program?"

I'm starting one in September so do I list it or say no because I technically haven't attended?

I would say no. It's basically like them asking "Have you ever attended dental school?" The answer is no even though I intend to. That's what I would say.

I would say no. It's basically like them asking "Have you ever attended dental school?" The answer is no even though I intend to. That's what I would say.
I ended up calling them to ask and they said to put it down with the dates in the future.