Western University of the Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got word I was accepted. Most likely will decline because I have been accepted else where and really didn't enjoy my experience at Western U. Good Luck to all!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about the alternate list?

Last I heard the class was 93% filled, which would leave about 4 spots available. (As of feb 20)

Last I heard the class was 93% filled, which would leave about 4 spots available. (As of feb 20)

When did you hear this? I called about 2 weeks ago and Alberto told me the class was full and to wait until mid March because that is when they see movement in the class . This is when they usually make acceptances off the alternate list. I was just curious if anyone heard different.

Interesting.. I was part of the last interview day on Feb 19 and Alberto said that then. Also that we would hear back in 2-4 weeks. Either way, stressful.

Last edited:
Interesting.. I was part of the last interview day on Feb 20 and Alberto said that then. Also that we would hear back in 2-4 weeks. Either way, stressful.

Well I wish you the best!

Have you heard much about the SMSPP course? Do you think it is really that beneficial to do?
I've only heard that the students who go through the program excel and have a much easier time during their first few semesters. Then again a lot of students get by without it. I guess it really depends on what kind of a student you are. I think I'm going to go ahead and sign up when it is available. I need to get back into study mode cause it's been a while for me. It is pretty pricey though.

I've only heard that the students who go through the program excel and have a much easier time during their first few semesters. Then again a lot of students get by without it. I guess it really depends on what kind of a student you are. I think I'm going to go ahead and sign up when it is available. I need to get back into study mode cause it's been a while for me. It is pretty pricey though.
Thank you!!

Just got an email this morning that I have been accepted :soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email this morning that I have been accepted :soexcited:

Congrats!!! How fantastic! When did you interview. ...and were you wait listed prior ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!!! How fantastic! When did you interview. ...and were you wait listed prior ?
Thank you! I interviewed on Feb 12th and was not placed as an alternate prior. I will most likely accept but I really wish the campus was more up to date. Good luck to you and everyone else still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
I received an email this afternoon and have been accepted! Looking forward to meeting everyone in August!

Reactions: 2 users
Where you on the alternate list? Congratulations!
Thank you! I was not placed on an alternate list after interviewing on Feb. 19th. I'm thinking I will probably accept. I wish good luck to those of you still waiting!

In case anyone was waiting or wondering about the alternate list, Alberto told me yesterday that the class is currently full. If the class drops to 50 or below, that is when the committee will review the alternate pool.

In case anyone was waiting or wondering about the alternate list, Alberto told me yesterday that the class is currently full. If the class drops to 50 or below, that is when the committee will review the alternate pool.

Yes! I talked to him too he said they won't review the alternate list until April probably! Ahhh I can't take this waiting game anymore!

For those accepted does anybody know if there is a Facebook group?

For those accepted does anybody know if there is a Facebook group?
I haven't seen one.. Someone should make one so we can start to meet each other before August!

Reactions: 1 users