This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Henhen321

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guy!

I wanted to create a space where we can help each other share info about the school, the admission process, and anything about the program. I haven't heard anything back from admissions yet. Please share your experiences as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guy!

I wanted to create a space where we can help each other share info about the school, the admission process, and anything about the program. I haven't heard anything back from admissions yet. Please share your experiences as well.

Hey! when did you apply?

My friend just had an interview

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! when did you apply?

My friend just had an interview

Helloooo! I applied late July but didn't take the CASPer exam until September. Hopefully that isn't the reason why I haven't heard back yet. Did your fiend finish both the app and exam together or did she do both on separate dates like me?

Also are you applying too?

Members don't see this ad :)
Helloooo! I applied late July but didn't take the CASPer exam until September. Hopefully that isn't the reason why I haven't heard back yet. Did your fiend finish both the app and exam together or did she do both on separate dates like me?

Also are you applying too?

Hi! She submitted her app and took the CASPer around the same time.

I submitted my app in late August, and took the CASPer end of September, so it seems like we're in the same boat.

Hi! She submitted her app and took the CASPer around the same time.

I submitted my app in late August, and took the CASPer end of September, so it seems like we're in the same boat.
It's so surprising because even though we did both parts on separate days, we still applied pretty early. I also noticed on the website that they strongly encouraged us to attend the preview day. Since it was not required, I didn't go (also I had prerequisite exams around that time). Maybe me not going to preview day is the reason why I haven't heard back yet?

It's so surprising because even though we did both parts on separate days, we still applied pretty early. I also noticed on the website that they strongly encouraged us to attend the preview day. Since it was not required, I didn't go (also I had prerequisite exams around that time). Maybe me not going to preview day is the reason why I haven't heard back yet?
I didn't attend either, and I don't think my friend did

Hey guy!

Hi! I just had an interview for Western U. on November 4th. I read on their website that they do not notify people until March whether they are accepted or not. I know people are starting to hear from Western U. regarding interviews but I am not too sure how their process is.

Hi! I just had an interview for Western U. on November 4th. I read on their website that they do not notify people until March whether they are accepted or not. I know people are starting to hear from Western U. regarding interviews but I am not too sure how their process is.
Thanks for sharing and CONGRATS ON THE INTERVIEW! Also, what was the interview like btw and what type of questions did they ask?

Thanks for sharing and CONGRATS ON THE INTERVIEW! Also, what was the interview like btw and what type of questions did they ask?
Thank you for the congratulations! The interview was not as bad as I thought. It was a 20 minute interview with 2 faculty members and yourself. It was not a group interview with other interviewees which I really enjoyed. It is more of a conversation which was pleasant. Then you have a writing sample that is timed. It is not too bad; it is more of a subjective response (like there is no right answer, it is more of your opinion). I think they are just accessing you on your writing skills. Then you have 20 minutes with 3 faculty members where you can just ask them questions. Overall, the experience was great and you do not have to be nervous. You got this! Just be yourself and have fun! They are looking at your character more than anything I feel.

Thank you for the congratulations! The interview was not as bad as I thought. It was a 20 minute interview with 2 faculty members and yourself. It was not a group interview with other interviewees which I really enjoyed. It is more of a conversation which was pleasant. Then you have a writing sample that is timed. It is not too bad; it is more of a subjective response (like there is no right answer, it is more of your opinion). I think they are just accessing you on your writing skills. Then you have 20 minutes with 3 faculty members where you can just ask them questions. Overall, the experience was great and you do not have to be nervous. You got this! Just be yourself and have fun! They are looking at your character more than anything I feel.
So much advice! Thank you I'm sure this will help other applicants prepare for interviews as well and I hope join you in the class too!

So much advice! Thank you I'm sure this will help other applicants prepare for interviews as well and I hope join you in the class too!
Thank you so much! I hope we all receive great news! Congratulations and good luck! If you have anymore questions let me know.

Hi everyone! I’m glad there’s a thread started for Western! I interviewed what will be 2 weeks ago come Wednesday and was wondering if anyone who also interviewed 2 weeks ago has heard anything? I’m struggling since I placed a deposit for USA-San Marcos as a backup and I need to sign the enrollment form by Wednesday. However, Western is my #1 choice and given the early interview offer, I don’t know what to do. Any advice appreciated

Hi everyone! I’m glad there’s a thread started for Western! I interviewed what will be 2 weeks ago come Wednesday and was wondering if anyone who also interviewed 2 weeks ago has heard anything? I’m struggling since I placed a deposit for USA-San Marcos as a backup and I need to sign the enrollment form by Wednesday. However, Western is my #1 choice, and given the early interview offer, I don’t know what to do. Any advice appreciated

Hey, I hope you hear the good news! My interview is tomorrow and I was wondering if you can share your experience, the type of questions they asked, and any advice that would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I’m glad there’s a thread started for Western! I interviewed what will be 2 weeks ago come Wednesday and was wondering if anyone who also interviewed 2 weeks ago has heard anything? I’m struggling since I placed a deposit for USA-San Marcos as a backup and I need to sign the enrollment form by Wednesday. However, Western is my #1 choice and given the early interview offer, I don’t know what to do. Any advice appreciated
I interviewed on November 4th and still have yet to hear from them! I will keep you updated though! GOOD LUCK!! Hope we both get great news soon!

• Care
Has anyone received any news on Western University - Pomona Campus?

Last edited:
Hi guys! I wanted to give you an update! I interviewed with Western on November 18th. I received my acceptance letter a week and a half later. Let me know if you guys have any questions! I am willing to answer any of them :D GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!

Hi! I'm interviewing this month and would love to hear from anyone about their experience, tips, and what they asked you :) Thank you!!

Is total tuition for all 3 years really around $ 75,000? How is this possible when Western U is a private school?

Hi everyone! I got offered an interview today and signed up for the earliest available spot in March :)

Is total tuition for all 3 years really around $ 75,000? How is this possible when Western U is a private school?
No, that is for ONE YEAR. It says on their website "Please see the table below for an estimate of the cost of attendance for a first year student" and shows the breakdown and total of $75,000. THAT IS SO MUCH MONEY!

• Wow
No, that is for ONE YEAR. It says on their website "Please see the table below for an estimate of the cost of attendance for a first year student" and shows the breakdown and total of $75,000. THAT IS SO MUCH MONEY!
Wow............

I really hope I get accepted to my other options lol

woah wait seriously?!! That's more than USC!!

Hi guys! I wanted to give you an update! I interviewed with Western on November 18th. I received my acceptance letter a week and a half later. Let me know if you guys have any questions! I am willing to answer any of them :D GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!
hi there,
I have my interview coming up soon. I was hoping if you could share some interview questions? Any help is much appreciated :)

As someone else mentioned, it is the tuition for one year. However, included in the $75,000 for one year is living expenses, transportation, and loan fees. They budgeted all of that in the $75,000. If you just look at tuition alone, it comes out to about $43,000.

Also, just got an interview invitation today. However when I looked on the interview scheduler, there were no spots available. Did anyone else have this problem? ):

hi there,
I have my interview coming up soon. I was hoping if you could share some interview questions? Any help is much appreciated :)
HI. I was interviewed and accepted in November. From my experience, i received a lot of situational and behavioral questions. They asked it in a very wordy way though. So it is definitely easy to get side tracked. I recommend restating the question before answering the question. Others in the same interview pool as me shared questions they got asked. Some of them got asked really hard questions about human anatomy and epidemiology, so be prepared for that.

Also, just got an interview invitation today. However when I looked on the interview scheduler, there were no spots available. Did anyone else have this problem? ):
Me too! have you gotten any updates since? I've emailed [email protected] to ask whats up but no reply yet.

I had my interview last week and I just got "waitlisted"...good luck to all of you and remember that everything happens for a reason. Stay positive and hopeful!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been taken off the waitlist? I got my waitlist notification on 1/15 😭

Has anyone been taken off the waitlist? I got my waitlist notification on 1/15 😭
I’ve gotten waitlisted for another program. I think what helped was keeping in touch with my interviewers. I interviewed with this program late October. I emailed them right after my interview thanking them. I also continued to ask them questions and was able to connect with current students through my interviewers. So, I hope my experience will help you. You do not have to do what I did if you are not comfortable doing so.

I’ve gotten waitlisted for another program. I think what helped was keeping in touch with my interviewers. I interviewed with this program late October. I emailed them right after my interview thanking them. I also continued to ask them questions and was able to connect with current students through my interviewers. So, I hope my experience will help you. You do not have to do what I did if you are not comfortable doing so.
Did you get off the waitlist for the program you mentioned?

I had my interview last week and I just got "waitlisted"...good luck to all of you and remember that everything happens for a reason. Stay positive and hopeful!
I just got waitlisted too! I think we might have had the same interview day! haha

I just got waitlisted too! I think we might have had the same interview day! haha
Did you have yours on the 20th too? Lol glad to know I’m not the only one I guess

Is anyone going to or does anyone know anyone that has participated in Western’s Summer Preparedness and Readiness Course (SPaRc)?

Is anyone going to or does anyone know anyone that has participated in Western’s Summer Preparedness and Readiness Course (SPaRc)?
I am planning to participate but not sure about it. I have meeting with faculty this week to know more about this course.

Is anyone attending Western University Fall 2021? I am confused between Western University and West Coast University. Any suggestions? Need some help.

Is anyone attending Western University Fall 2021? I am confused between Western University and West Coast University. Any suggestions? Need some help.
I've lived in SoCal for the last 6 years and did not hear too many good things about West Coast based on reputation. I know western has a good reputation with many clinics and hospitals. They have a 100% graduation rate and employment rate. I've interned with a professor, Dr. Jeff, who teaches at Western U and he loves Western U because of the support offered to students and professors. So, overall I think Western U has a good reputation overall for experience and helps you out with so many opportunities such as getting the chance to intern with the dodgers!

after the interview, how long does it take for them to let you know if you got in or not?

I interviewed last week and got put on the alternate list. Does anyone know how likely it is for me to get in?

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed last week and got put on the alternate list. Does anyone know how likely it is for me to get in?
I also interviewed last week and was place on the alternate list. The notification time frame is so long.

Did anyone get taken off the alternate list?

Hey everyone! I got accepted to WesternU and Chapman, any advice?

Congratulations! Is there anything that you did since you’ve been placed on the alternate list that helped you get off?
I just received an email saying that I was accepted. I didn't contact them at all.