Western University pharmacy class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dude , you should have called them. I got alternate
I just called them. They said that they still have not made all the decisions yet and I should receive an email by Friday :/. Did you call the admission counselor according to your the first letter of your last name: A-L and M-Z?
 
I received my acceptance email on Monday around noon..? However, I'm going to decline since I already was accepted to my top choice so hopefully one of you will take my spot! Best of luck to you guys! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, my friend and I both haven't yet. Hopefully they didn't send acceptances out yet, in the past it seems denials and alternate went out later....
Okay, thanks! I'm still waiting as well. I know they mentioned that it would be a 2-week turnaround time so hopefully we hear back soon.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard back yet?
My friend got accepted yesterday, her last name was A-Q. My last name starts with R-Z, Julie said they are sending them out today.

Also I interviewed at LLU if you need some advise on interview questions! I looked at student doctor network interview feedback. Most of the questions were the same with a couple additional like "Name a time you had difficulty working with someone and how did you handle it", "What do you do outside of academic pursuits" "Why does LLU appeal to you" "How do you feel about attending a religious school" stuff like that. Nothing too difficult, you can private message me if you want more details or help.

Just be calm, you don't need to rush to answer questions. Bring a water bottle!! I got so thirsty, and you can take a sip while thinking about your answers. It is better to seem thought-out with answers rather than to be impulsive and ramble on.
 
How was the interview at Loma Linda? How long was the interview? If you don't mind, what questions did they ask you?

In regards to length, it was overall a long day! There were 2 separate 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews, a short writing sample (30 mins and an easy non-pharmacy topic), and a video/info session about the school. Overall about 3 hours
 
My friend got accepted yesterday, her last name was A-Q. My last name starts with R-Z, Julie said they are sending them out today.

Also I interviewed at LLU if you need some advise on interview questions! I looked at student doctor network interview feedback. Most of the questions were the same with a couple additional like "Name a time you had difficulty working with someone and how did you handle it", "What do you do outside of academic pursuits" "Why does LLU appeal to you" "How do you feel about attending a religious school" stuff like that. Nothing too difficult, you can private message me if you want more details or help.

Just be calm, you don't need to rush to answer questions. Bring a water bottle!! I got so thirsty, and you can take a sip while thinking about your answers. It is better to seem thought-out with answers rather than to be impulsive and ramble on.
Thank you so much for your help! Is the interview with a professor and a current pharmacy student?
 
My friend got accepted yesterday, her last name was A-Q. My last name starts with R-Z, Julie said they are sending them out today.

Also I interviewed at LLU if you need some advise on interview questions! I looked at student doctor network interview feedback. Most of the questions were the same with a couple additional like "Name a time you had difficulty working with someone and how did you handle it", "What do you do outside of academic pursuits" "Why does LLU appeal to you" "How do you feel about attending a religious school" stuff like that. Nothing too difficult, you can private message me if you want more details or help.

Just be calm, you don't need to rush to answer questions. Bring a water bottle!! I got so thirsty, and you can take a sip while thinking about your answers. It is better to seem thought-out with answers rather than to be impulsive and ramble on.
Thanks for the update!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,
I am an applicant for Fall 2018 Western University Pharm School. How long did it take for you guys to get an accept for interview or denial last year?