Western University Pomona or Touro-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xtb20ltsolxx

Reaction score
I'm currently debating on which DO school (WesternU in Pomona vs Touro University California) would be better to go to.
I've read a bunch of posts on SDN and reddit about WesternU having better rotation sites and resources for residency matches, but I also saw that Touro has a more tight-knit community among its faculty and students.

I've lived in SoCal my entire life and would love to live in the Bay Area which is where Touro-CA is. But I'm wondering if just wanting to live in a new place would be worth turning down WesternU. So, how much does having better rotation sites and more resources REALLY help you as a medical student to get into the residency programs you want to go to in the end?

TLDR; Heard that WesternU has better rotation sites and resources than Touro-CA. I would much rather go to Touro-CA because of location, but is that worth choosing that over WesternU?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I heard, western lost their primary rotation site at arrowhead regional to the new MD school that just started there. You should look into this.

From what I heard, western lost their primary rotation site at arrowhead regional to the new MD school that just started there. You should look into this.
just checked their website and Arrowhead Regional is still listed as one of their clinical sites but San Antonio, Upland isnt. I'm not sure if they updated their page as I don't remember if this was there back in the summer (of 2020), but I hope they still have this rotation!!

I'm currently debating on which DO school (WesternU in Pomona vs Touro University California) would be better to go to.
I've read a bunch of posts on SDN and reddit about WesternU having better rotation sites and resources for residency matches, but I also saw that Touro has a more tight-knit community among its faculty and students.

I've lived in SoCal my entire life and would love to live in the Bay Area which is where Touro-CA is. But I'm wondering if just wanting to live in a new place would be worth turning down WesternU. So, how much does having better rotation sites and more resources REALLY help you as a medical student to get into the residency programs you want to go to in the end?

TLDR; Heard that WesternU has better rotation sites and resources than Touro-CA. I would much rather go to Touro-CA because of location, but is that worth choosing that over WesternU?
Not sure if you have any more questions or if you have them all answered but feel free to DM me.