Western vs Midwestern AZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Danthenub

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i love both schools so much, 2 weeks to decide :(

Members don't see this ad.

Midwestern! Of course, my opinion may be biased :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Midwestern seems to get more love than Western U on these forums. Just something I noticed from reading tons of threads...

New chairs at western . and CA!!
But midwestern is cool too.

Housing is cheaper at Midwestern. I love their campus. I wish we had a sports complex on Campus. But We are close to parks, mountains and the Beach.

Westernu has a smaller class size. Our dental faculty is great and come from a variety of backgrounds. They are are very good at providing constructive feedback. I think Westernu has a stronger community health focus like ASDOH. I think every year it will just get better. Like every new program there are always bumps in the road. Our first year has been a lot smoother than for D2's. I am pretty sure next years class will be even better(they will have plenty of study guides already made). One main difference is our curriculum. We are integrated with the DO's for most of the first Year. So our exams are the same for the most part. I doubt you will be lacking when it comes to boards but the course load is very intense for the first 7 months. But that is the reality for any dental schools. It takes you a few months to figure out how to study effectively, but the balancing of life takes longer. If you are planning on practicing dentistry in California then I would definitely consider Western. The California Dental Association is very well organized and there are many opportunities for networking. Both are great school but of course me and Spuddaddy have our Bias reasons. If you have any specific question feel free to PM me.

Western for sureeeeeeee...oh yea...im biased too cause I'm a student there but I love it, soooo absolutely, Western!