WesternU FB Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firenation

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm an incoming podiatry student at WesternU and I just started up the class FB group. If any of you will also be attending WesternU in Fall 2017 and would like to be added to the group, please shoot me a pm with your email! You can also email admissions and ask to be added to the group :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought the school itself usually starts it?

Hey guys! I'm an incoming podiatry student at WesternU and I just started up the class FB group. If any of you will also be attending WesternU in Fall 2017 and would like to be added to the group, please shoot me a pm with your email! You can also email admissions and ask to be added to the group :)
See you there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Why do u like western U ? also, how is is rent to live aroudn that area ?

I am an incoming student student and have not started yet, so I'm not familiar with the rent. This question is better suited for the WesternU student perspective thread HERE.

Reactions: 1 users

On campus rent when they gave us a tour ranged from 1600-2000 depending on how many rooms you want.

Cheaper off campus but drive is longer.

Try emailing the school, I don't think they'll have a problem getting back to you.

During my interview at Western, I thought the surrounding area was not safe but the campus seemed very well managed for safety. I am also from a small country town so it could just be me lol.

During my interview at Western, I thought the surrounding area was not safe but the campus seemed very well managed for safety. I am also from a small country town so it could just be me lol.

You're right, the campus has good security but the surrounding area isn't as safe. My sister currently goes to school in Pomona and says that downtown Pomona can be dangerous at night. But the area is okay during the day! You probably just don't want to wander around aimlessly at night.

I am a second year student at WesternU and rent really depends on how close you'd like to be to the school. Options putting you right on campus (like the Daumier or 777 apartments) may range in price from 1k$-1.5k; however, living in a home with other students or an apartment can range from 500$-1,000$ in adjacent neighborhoods. Most students live in Chino Hills (south of Pomona) or Claremont (north of Pomona), both friendly residential districts.

Pomona is an ideal location for a medical school since the city is medically underserved and allows students to make an impact in the community by volunteering their time in various student run clinics (Pomona Homeless Outreach Program, Pomona Community Health Action Team, amongst others).

Please feel free to message me if you have any questions whatsoever regarding WesternU, academics, extracurriculars, etc. I'd be glad to help!

Reactions: 2 users