WesternU ????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toothpulp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I can't be anymore patient. This process is killing me! I am on the western alternate list. Does anyone know how it works? On letter it says they do not prioritize waitlisters. So does that mean they just randomly pick us from the list? This makes me very nervous. I can't express how much I wonna attend this school. This is my second year applying. I am just tired of waiting and be in the middle.
Another question- does anyone know how many students are on the waitlist now? And how many students got in off waitlist last year? Thanks for any comment!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am also on the alternate list and from past posts that I have read, it seems that many people will get off the waitlist, but you have to be patient. While interviewing there, one of the 1st year students who gave us a tour said he didn't get accepted until April.

Since this is your second time applying have you prepared to make your self a more rounded applicant. I see that your gpa and rc score is low. I think you may have to retake the DAT because of this. I also would recommend a masters b/c of your low gpa

Yeah, I actually applied for masters recently. So if I don't get in this year, I will either do masters or take some higher level bio classes to raise my GPA, but i will hope for the best. Really want to go to DS. Thanks for ur comment

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I interviewed on the 24th and they told us that if we ended up on the alternate list to keep them updated on anything that we are doing to improve ourselves and that they will put that into our file for when they pick from the alternate list. So who knows, maybe there are still some things you can do to improve weak areas of your application. Every bit helps. Good Luck!

It's been a while. Any updates from the wait list?

I've got the email to notify if I am still interested in the alternate list.