What about 3 year schools?

Started by jplaster
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jplaster

Hippie-scum
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, I will be applying for admission to pharmacy school in the fall of 2005 and of the school's I'm considering, the new school in Va, The University of Appalachia is going to be a 3 year program. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this type of program and could give me any information as far as comparing it with a normal 4 year program in terms of study time, intensity, and difficulty.

Jeremy W. Plaster
 
Aloha Jeremy,
I am attending the 3-year program at Midwestern University in AZ. I'll be graduating in June 05 and it hasn't been easy. If you're self-disciplined and motivated, you'll do well. Keep in mind that you give up your summers to attend and you only have a week off between quarters. I finish didactic work at the end of October. In contrast, had I taken the seat at UF-Gainesville I would just be starting my 3rd year of a 4-year program. I hope this helps in your decision process.
Aloha
 
rxdoc05 said:
Aloha Jeremy,
I am attending the 3-year program at Midwestern University in AZ. I'll be graduating in June 05 and it hasn't been easy. If you're self-disciplined and motivated, you'll do well. Keep in mind that you give up your summers to attend and you only have a week off between quarters. I finish didactic work at the end of October. In contrast, had I taken the seat at UF-Gainesville I would just be starting my 3rd year of a 4-year program. I hope this helps in your decision process.
Aloha
I can agree with this. I go to a 3 year school as well, and it is tough. Only motivated students that can keep organized should apply!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rxdoc05 said:
Aloha Jeremy,
In contrast, had I taken the seat at UF-Gainesville I would just be starting my 3rd year of a 4-year program. I hope this helps in your decision process.
Aloha

And besides that, you'd still have to go in the summer. UF has you on rotations during the summer of year 3. I guess it is a 4+ year program.