Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay this probably sounds REALLY dumb but in hopes somebody doesn't think it's dumb here goes...
Okay, I go back and forth, back and forth, on the answers to the "Could I do vet school? Are the rewards worth the sacrifice?" questions. Sometimes it's "Yes!" sometimes it's "I'm not so sure..."
When I was in one of my more doubtful moods tonight I started thinking to myself "You know if I pick a career completely outside of LVT/DVM, I'm going to be upset that my veterinary knowledge isn't being used for anything." Well I thought up what, at the time, sounded like an amazing answer "Hey...who says that just because it's not my job that I have to stop learning about anatomy, diseases, treatments, and whatnot? That's my hobby! Nothing is telling me I can't have a hobby!"
Am I weird? Is there anybody else here that has done something like memorize virtually every tendon, ligament, muscle, and bone in the horse's foreleg...and then gone on to read about lamenesses in the foreleg...JUST FOR FUN?!
When I sit back to do recreational reading my nose is usually stuck in a book like Saunder's Comprehensive Veterinary Dictionary (yes, I read the dictionary...), Horse Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook, Dog Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook, Lameness: Recognizing and Treating the Horse's Most Common Ailment, etc.
I don't think my friends understand me =\
Okay, I go back and forth, back and forth, on the answers to the "Could I do vet school? Are the rewards worth the sacrifice?" questions. Sometimes it's "Yes!" sometimes it's "I'm not so sure..."
When I was in one of my more doubtful moods tonight I started thinking to myself "You know if I pick a career completely outside of LVT/DVM, I'm going to be upset that my veterinary knowledge isn't being used for anything." Well I thought up what, at the time, sounded like an amazing answer "Hey...who says that just because it's not my job that I have to stop learning about anatomy, diseases, treatments, and whatnot? That's my hobby! Nothing is telling me I can't have a hobby!"
Am I weird? Is there anybody else here that has done something like memorize virtually every tendon, ligament, muscle, and bone in the horse's foreleg...and then gone on to read about lamenesses in the foreleg...JUST FOR FUN?!
When I sit back to do recreational reading my nose is usually stuck in a book like Saunder's Comprehensive Veterinary Dictionary (yes, I read the dictionary...), Horse Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook, Dog Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook, Lameness: Recognizing and Treating the Horse's Most Common Ailment, etc.
I don't think my friends understand me =\