What am I supposed to say when you call the schools to check?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

callmejimmy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, guys, I am thinking about to call the schools that I am applying to check my status of applicaiton. What can I say most efficient? Any though?

Members don't see this ad.

"I'd appreciate it if you would call me Jimmy."

*click*

I called one of the schools, and it is always the same answer " it is being reviewed". Just say hey I sent my appl in on that date, and i am just calling to see what is the status. I am really interested and hoping to get an interview with u. :D But the bad part is that a secretary will answer, and she has no power in deciding who gets an interview and who doesn't, so calling doesn't make much differece.

But let me know how it goes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called one of the schools, and it is always the same answer " it is being reviewed".

Same here. Even if you're denied admission, the secretary will tinker with her computer and say "your application is still in the process of being reviewed." At least that's the vibe I get when the secretary tells me that BS.

hi, guys, I am thinking about to call the schools that I am applying to check my status of applicaiton. What can I say most efficient? Any though?

I just called all of the schools I applied to, and I asked if it is possible to check if my application is completed...just in case something is missing!! Most of the schools are willing to give the answer to that, so maybe you should try. By the way, one of the school let me know that I will get a rejection letter soon...this is bad, but at least I know it sooner, so I don't have to be so disappointed when I get the letter!! ;)

So did I get in yet or what?

_____!!!!
Wow, smack...editing your own naughty posts. You have come a long way!;) :) I don't think you can even be considered controversial anymore.

It only took me 700 posts or so, but I am now a mature SDNer. :laugh:

The other day someone backhanded me and I didn't even give a rats a**.
SDN has helped me grow in so many ways.:)

It only took me 700 posts or so, but I am now a mature SDNer. :laugh:

The other day someone backhanded me and I didn't even give a rats a**.
SDN has helped me grow in so many ways.:)
Hey of those 20+ schools applied to, I hope one of ours match up. Everyone needs someone like you in the class to tell it like it is...and I'll just stand back and contribute with sarcastic remarks (which sensitive people should disregard).:)