What are FL DPT schools like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gailmarie95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I am applying to most of the schools in Florida for PT and since I am an out of state student I will most likely not be able to go visit the schools. I know I am applying to Miami, UF, and UCF then I am thinking about applying to FGCU, FIU, NOVA - Ft. Lauderdale, NOVA - Tampa, and USF. If you guys have any info on the schools when it comes to school schedule, if you travel for clinicals, GRE scores, GPA, pros, cons, and anything that you can think of it would be awesome if you could let me know! You can only get so much from the school's website lol.

Members don't see this ad.

let me know exactly what you need, I am currently at University of Miami.

let me know exactly what you need, I am currently at University of Miami.

Miami is one of my very top schools I am interested in. So anything from your stats from getting in, the interview process, how their semesters are loaded, and anything else you can think of!

Members don't see this ad :)
Currently at UCF. It's awesome!

Miami is one of my very top schools I am interested in. So anything from your stats from getting in, the interview process, how their semesters are loaded, and anything else you can think of!
my stats were
3.201 undergrad GPA
3.71 graduate GPA
cumulative GPA of 3.35
pre-req GPA of 3.8
GRE
Verbal=160
Quant=163
AQ=4

about 100ish observation hours in 4 different settings.

The interview was what really sold me, all the students were super chill and personable, every single one of them came up and talked to me and asked me how everything was going and if I had any questions. We literally just finished out summer semester. This summer we only had 3 classes, the biggest one being Gross Anatomy. In the fall we will have six classes, basically 8-4 monday through thursday. UM does not hold classes on fridays. We use Fridays for electives if you choose to enroll in any. Otherwise its super chill, we study hard and party hard.

Reactions: 1 user