What are good programs under 10k a year?

Started by Melkorii
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Melkorii

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I made a late decision to go to med school, and I need a post bacc program that allows me to take nearly all of the prereqs. Money is an object, and I can't afford the 30k a year programs, what are some programs that have what I need, for approx 10k or less anually, and have their deadline for application sometime after May 1st?

THANKS to all for you help! =)
 
Melkorii said:
I made a late decision to go to med school, and I need a post bacc program that allows me to take nearly all of the prereqs. Money is an object, and I can't afford the 30k a year programs, what are some programs that have what I need, for approx 10k or less anually, and have their deadline for application sometime after May 1st?

THANKS to all for you help! =)

Harvard extension school. $800/class, $40/class if you work for Harvard. Can't beat it for under 10K.
 
Assuming you need to take a prereq in the summer, it's those needed summer courses that tend to push tuition budgets over the 10k barrier. Even with summer classes, your state school(s), HES, Maryland (in-state tution for all), and West Chester (assuming out-of-state) (but I don't like the school) should meet the 10k requirement. If you only count tuition for fall and spring semesters, add Penn to the list, and Northwestern I think is around 10k.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whats the deadline for starting fall 2005 at harvard extension? I can't find the deadline anywhere on the site.

Also, I noticed that the Harvard extension program does not explicity ask for letters of rec, did i miss it or do they not care?
 
*bump*

Did you send letters of rec to harvard even tho they don't explicitly ask for them?

Thanks!
 
Melkorii said:
Whats the deadline for starting fall 2005 at harvard extension? I can't find the deadline anywhere on the site.

Also, I noticed that the Harvard extension program does not explicity ask for letters of rec, did i miss it or do they not care?

There is no deadline to take classes 'a la carte' at Harvard Extension School. It is open enrollment. However, to participate in the Health Careers Program (and get a diploma in pre-medicine), you do have to send in a very simple application. Mine is in process now (I had a few err, 'administrative' issues). I don't know of any deadline for getting this application in, but I suggest you do so this summer. I believe the application cost is $100.

The program looks great, and I am excited about participating. For an extensive discussion, see the HES 2004 thread.