What are good resources to learn private practice clinic management?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cooljoe

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, does anyone have any recommendations on good resources/books for those looking to start a private practice (specifically in internal medicine - primary care) and learn the nitty gritty of practice management?

From what I gather, the billing/coding aspect should not take too long to learn since this would be an internal medicine practice. The only book I have found is The Medical Entrepreneur, but I was looking for something that gives more details. I've been pointed to MGMA, but haven't found much of substance there (unless I'm missing something).

Thanks in advance for your help
 
Hello, does anyone have any recommendations on good resources/books for those looking to start a private practice (specifically in internal medicine - primary care) and learn the nitty gritty of practice management?

From what I gather, the billing/coding aspect should not take too long to learn since this would be an internal medicine practice. The only book I have found is The Medical Entrepreneur, but I was looking for something that gives more details. I've been pointed to MGMA, but haven't found much of substance there (unless I'm missing something).

Thanks in advance for your help
I have heard good things about:

The Business Side of Medicine: What Medical Schools Don't Teach You