What are my chances 2020-20121

Started by leo101
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

leo101

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Everyone,
I just wanted to know what my chances are for my dream school. Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
Here are my stats
college gpa: 3.93
science gpa 3.96
MCAT: 518

my extracurriculars kind of suck since I only have
90hrs MT.SInai Pathology and Immunology internship
St.Peters 2-week shadowing program
office assistant 100 hrs

thank you in advance
 
Are you a New Jersey resident ? Do you have any clinical volunteering hours with patient contact ? How many shadowing hours do you have ?
I'm a new jersey resident sad to say I only have about 20 hours from that shadowing program, no volunteer experience, I was going to do volunteering and shadowing this year but then covid happened.
 
I suggest you accumulate another 30 hours of physician shadowing and 200+ hours of clinical volunteering or employment with patient contact in the coming year in case you need to reapply . Your lack of clinical exposure will limit your chances for interviews. I suggest these schools if you decide to apply this month:
Your 3 NJ state public schools
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Central Florida
TCU-UNT
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Wayne State
New York Medical College
Albany
Hofstra
Rochester
Einstein
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Some schools may be attracted to your high stats so you could receive interviews.