What are my chances: 507/3.51/3.7 ??

Started by Sasb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sasb

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a 2015 graduate with a B.S. in psychology (minor biology) and a B.S. in criminology (minor chemistry). I originally planned on applying in 2016. However due to financial difficulties I did not have the means to do so. Have since spent the last year and a half working as a correctional officer to pay off debt and save up to finally apply. I now intend on applying this cycle for 2019 admission.

GPA: 3.51 w. an upward trend

sGPA:
3.7

MCAT:
507 (125/127/126/129).
- Initially wanted to retake, but due to working full-time it hasn't happened.

Schools:
GA, FL, DC, VA & LA mid & low tier.

State of Residence:
GA

URM: Biracial (African American primarily)

Questions: What are my chances if I apply early this cycle?
 
Last edited:
Invest in the MSAR and find schools that align with your stats. Apply broadly but make sure you weed out schools that are not friendly to OOS applicants. Meanwhile, continue to increase your volunteer hours and go in overdrive as that's a key piece of your application.

Best of luck to you.