Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all. I'm planning to apply to DPT programs this cycle or next, depending on how these next few semesters pan out. I'm currently stressing about whether I even have a chance at all. If anyone has some feedback on what more can be improved, I would greatly appreciate it.
THE FACTS
Undergraduate School: University of California - Davis
Major: Sociology - Organizational Studies
Undergraduate GPA: 2.4
City College #1: DVC (prereqs)
GPA: 3.385
City College #2: CCSF (prereqs)
GPA: unknown - waiting on final grades
Graduate School: USSA (remote)
Degree: Master of Sports Science - Health and Fitness
GPA: 3.9
Overall
Prerequisite GPA (as of 12/20/2018): 3.011
Cumulative GPA (as of 12/20/2018): 3.148
Observation Hours
Accute Care/Geriatrics: 984 hours (paid position as Wellness Coach)
Orthopedic/Neuro: 102 hours
Othropedic/Other: 80 hours
THE PLAN
THE CONCERN
Thank you for taking the time to look this over, I would really appreciate any feedback. I have my heart set on PT, and will do whatever it takes to hand in a good application.
THE FACTS
Undergraduate School: University of California - Davis
Major: Sociology - Organizational Studies
Undergraduate GPA: 2.4
City College #1: DVC (prereqs)
GPA: 3.385
City College #2: CCSF (prereqs)
GPA: unknown - waiting on final grades
Graduate School: USSA (remote)
Degree: Master of Sports Science - Health and Fitness
GPA: 3.9
Overall
Prerequisite GPA (as of 12/20/2018): 3.011
Cumulative GPA (as of 12/20/2018): 3.148
Observation Hours
Accute Care/Geriatrics: 984 hours (paid position as Wellness Coach)
Orthopedic/Neuro: 102 hours
Othropedic/Other: 80 hours
THE PLAN
- Continue on at City College #2, finish prerequisite courses with the best grades I can muster.
- Start sports medicine internship January 7th, get 450 hours of observation/work.
- Treat the GRE as a class, study regularly. If necessary, invest in multiple practice tests and tutoring.
THE CONCERN
- My very terrible undergraduate GPA.
- My prerequisites are from a city college.
- I am unsure of whether my graduate level GPA will be considered.
- I don't have my GRE score yet so that's a huge unknown still - making it hard to be confident.
Thank you for taking the time to look this over, I would really appreciate any feedback. I have my heart set on PT, and will do whatever it takes to hand in a good application.