What are my chances and where to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dill_punjabi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mcat : 32 M ( 11 P, 7 V, 14 B)
GPA : 3.60 with Science 3.7
Undergrad: Biochemistry
English is my second language, exposed to English 4 years ago
Activities: 1 year hospital work, a summer spent in hospital in abroad, shadowing experience, currently working in research lab.

What are my chances of getting in the US School? I don't really want to go to caribbean. Which schools should i apply. Please comment Open to all comments

Members don't see this ad.

Mcat : 32 M ( 11 P, 7 V, 14 B)
GPA : 3.60 with Science 3.7
Undergrad: Biochemistry
English is my second language, exposed to English 4 years ago
Activities: 1 year hospital work, a summer spent in hospital in abroad, shadowing experience, currently working in research lab.

What are my chances of getting in the US School? I don't really want to go to caribbean. Which schools should i apply. Please comment Open to all comments

You might have more luck in the "What Are My Chances" subforum. Looks fine to me, but demonstrate your ability to write. Apply broadly.

Please suggest me where to apply? Does anyone know which schools will accept Low VR? I have never been this stressed before

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're an international applicant, you've definitely got an uphill battle. If you can wait a year, you might want to retake the MCAT (if you think you can bring your VR up). From what I've seen, international applicants are fighting for very few spots at US schools, so it's even more competitive. I would guess that you could have a shot with your current score, but you'll have to apply REALLY broadly to all schools that accept international applicants (and which the spreadsheet reference above suggests), and I would think it's more than likely that you will have to reapply again next year (hopefully with an improved VR score). Do some searches on SDN and you'll find some more info on applying as an international applicant. :luck:

I am permanent resident. Will that make difference?

Did you do your undergrad in another country (guessing India?)

Did you do your Undergrad in the US? We need more details on your education.

You should apply to US DO schools, especially TOURO-COM NY, they don't care much about a low VR. They will love your 14 Bio score and GPA.

Shadow a DO, get a DO letter and apply broadly. You are a PR, so you are much better off than international students applying, and you have many options.

Also try your state MD schools and apply broadly to low-mid tier MD schools.

Also try to beef up your ECs and work experiences.