DO What are my chances? Apply to more?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scrublifechoseme

Reaction score
I just need some advice on whether I should wait till May or apply to a few more DO schools now.

First my stats: CA Resident/Asian, My cGPA is a 3.2 and my BCPM is a 3.0 flat because I worked full time in college and was dealing w/ some stuff. Did a one year post-bacc finished with a 3.9 GPA graduating top of my class. Because I wanted to do well on my MCAT, waited till august and got my score back in Sept at a 514 which I'm stoked about. I have over 3000+ hours of clinical work as I was chief scribe for three years, medical assistant, done lots of abroad volunteer work, etc.

I applied to 7 DO schools (PCOM, Western, both Touros, RVU, AT Still, NYIT) because it was kinda late in the cycle and just finished up my secondaries like yesterday, I got secondaries back from all 6. Have not applied to MD since I was so late in the AMCAS cycle by the time my MCAT was out.

I'm kinda nervous that my stats aren't good enough for interviews even though I just submitted IIs. Should I apply to more DO schools or is it too late in the game? Realistically, how are my chances looking? I'm taking some upper divisions right now to continue to boost my grades as well it's not going to inflate my GPA too much since the damage from undergrad was already done.

Members don't see this ad.

I just need some advice on whether I should wait till May or apply to a few more DO schools now.

First my stats: CA Resident/Asian, My cGPA is a 3.2 and my BCPM is a 3.0 flat because I worked full time in college and was dealing w/ some stuff. Did a one year post-bacc finished with a 3.9 GPA graduating top of my class. Because I wanted to do well on my MCAT, waited till august and got my score back in Sept at a 514 which I'm stoked about. I have over 3000+ hours of clinical work as I was chief scribe for three years, medical assistant, done lots of abroad volunteer work, etc.

I applied to 7 DO schools (PCOM, Western, both Touros, RVU, AT Still, NYIT) because it was kinda late in the cycle and just finished up my secondaries like yesterday, I got secondaries back from all 6. Have not applied to MD since I was so late in the AMCAS cycle by the time my MCAT was out.

I'm kinda nervous that my stats aren't good enough for interviews even though I just submitted IIs. Should I apply to more DO schools or is it too late in the game? Realistically, how are my chances looking? I'm taking some upper divisions right now to continue to boost my grades as well it's not going to inflate my GPA too much since the damage from undergrad was already done.
You have a good target list so far, and if you want add some more schools, it's not too late.
Suggest:
CCOM
TUNCOM
KCU
Western-OR
PacNW
BCOM
VCOM
DMU
AZCOM