What are my chances? cGPA 3.1 sGPA 3.02 Post Bacc GPA 3.89

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GG117

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to know what are my chances in getting into a DO school. I graduated with a uGPA of 2.57 with a BS in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. I didn't work as hard as I should have and didn't set my priorities straight. Once I graduated, I came home and was fortunate enough to have parents who allowed me to rebuild my GPA through a second BS in Biology at a local college. I took mainly upper divisional classes where I received As in majority. It took alot of effort to pull my GPA to above the cutoff as my calculated cGPA is a 3.1 and sGPA of 3.02. I am currently retaking my prereqs that I received a C or lower in and I am currently enrolled in a formal postbacc. I expect myself to continue to do well and this post bacc will offer a community letter at the end of completing 32 credits. I have over 2,000 hours of experience as a uncertified medical assistant at a urgent care which I have since stopped last month due to my mother developing stage 4 lung cancer. It has been rough but fortunately it hasn't impacted any of my grades so far as I've gotten all As in my summer classes. I also have a volunteer opportunity lined up at a ER once they allow volunteers to return to the hospital due to the pandemic. I am also a registered phlebotomist and EMT. I have several teachers and doctors/PAs who can vouch for my academic and clinical skills. I will take my time during my post bacc to study for the MCAT and do well on it. I will take my post bacc slow so I can watch over my mother as she goes through her treatments. I pray at the end that I can atleast show her that her faith in me wasn't in vain.

Wish me luck.

P.S. Be honest, I'm open to opinions and suggestion.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Without a MCAT score, no one can determine your chances. Come back when you've taken the test.

Reactions: 1 user