What are my chances for an MD/PhD program? Above average stats, decent research experience, below average ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I am planning on applying to several MD/PhD programs this upcoming cycle and was wondering my chances at mid to upper tier programs.
Stats: 522, 3.85, attended regular large state school- Texas (nothing too special).
Research experience: I have spent two years in a computational drug discovery research lab, where I have received two fellowships/scholarships and have presented my own poster at two research conferences. I am currently working on a paper manuscript for publication, but likely won't be finished for another month with that. Total around 1500 hours of research
Volunteering/ECs: I have about 100 hours volunteering in a clinical setting (hospital volunteering, some medical mission trip hours), 50 hours shadowing, and 120 hours in nonclinical volunteering (youth development/tutoring non-profit and domestic abuse victim center).

I also have two solid LoRs from my PI and co-PI and the highest recommendation from my school's committee letter.
 
You look good... In your application, indicate that you plan to continue doing research for this year adding hours to your current total research hours. I wouldn't do any more non-research hours at this point. Apply broadly... as you know we have 4 MSTPs in Texas and all of the Texas MD/PhDs are in AMCAS. State of residency doesn't matter for that. PM me if you need.